• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicaco Top Cop Equates the Second Amendment to Racism

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityha...carthy-likens-federal-gun-laws-to-racism.html

“I want you to connect one more dot on that chain of African-American history in this country, and tell me if I’m crazy: Federal gun laws that facilitate the flow of illegal firearms into our urban centers, across this country, that are killing black and brown children,” he said according to an WMAQ-Channel 5 story that aired Thursday.

Funny, but the problem with what this man is saying is that the exact opposite is true; That laws that DISARM blacks and other minorities are racist. Its even funnier now that Illinois is the holdout- the only state in the union that does not have some form of concealed carry allowance. And here he is preaching to the minorities that permissive gun laws are bad for black and brown babies...

Dreamer

War is peace. Slavery is Freedom. Liberty is Racism.

Welcome to Chicago, 1984. How Many Fingers am I holding up, Winston?...

Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy needs to read Clayton Cramer's "The Racist Roots of Gun Control". The FACTS of history are exactly 180° from the vile, racist, slave-mentality propaganda that he is spewing...

http://www.constitution.org/cmt/cramer/racist_roots.htm

KBCraig

Funny, but the problem with what this man is saying is that the exact opposite is true; That laws that DISARM blacks and other minorities are racist.
I read that article earlier (linked from another source), and had the same thought. I looked through the first page of comments hoping someone would point that out, but none did. The closest anyone came was pointing out that the highest crime rate was black-on-black, and the gun ban stopped innocent/good black Chicagoans from having the means to legally defend themselves from criminals who happened to share a certain level of melanin.

LibertyDeath

Federal gun laws that facilitate the flow of illegal firearms... WTF? How is that even possible? If federal law allows it how can the guns be illegal?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Behold...Chicago logic...this was also the home of Richard Daley...I'm not expecting much. Non-Chicago logic would suggest that there is more gun violence in Chicago because criminals currently have more guns then the law-abiding citizens...duh

MKEgal

federal gun laws are akin to “government-sponsored racism.”
Yeah, though not in the way he's claiming.

McCarthy told parishioners an anecdote about a brutal night of killings in Newark, N.J.,
where he was previously head of the police department.
[sarcasm]Ah Joisy, another bastion of freedom for 2A supporters.[/sarcasm]
Explains a lot.
And he says he was born & raised in the Bronx. "Biggest problems were gangs, guns, & drugs."

If you watch the video, he's white & as far as I can see the people in the church were black.
Yet they all seem to be unaware of the origin of gun-control laws.
Why doesn't the head of that church tell his flock about that?
Why can't any of them see what is so plain to all of us: the places with the strictest control of private firearms are also generally the places with the highest rates of violent crime?

strong gun laws against illegal firearms are critical in order to maintain public safety and private rights.
I'll agree that laws should protect rights. That doesn't explain NJ & Chitcago.
But laws against illegal firearms have done practically nothing to stop crime.
(Even Lott admits there is some effect, but it's small. Very small. Practically none.)

MKEgal

Reply from ISRA

In a blistering counterpunch, a leading pro-gun advocate Friday called Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy’s racially loaded attack on the National Rifle Association as “too nutty to dignify with a response” and denigrated the city’s new police chief as a “political hack.”
And that's just the first paragraph! :lol:

A statement issued by McCarthy Friday did not address Pearson’s criticisms nor the St. Sabina flap, other than offering a toned-down assessment of the scourge of illegal guns on Chicago’s streets.
“The commitment of law enforcement must be to holding violent criminals accountable for their actions and at the same time recognizing individuals’ constitutional rights."
I can agree with that. Now if he'd just do it. :mad:

BTW, did you notice what he just admitted?
Read that again: "holding violent criminals accountable for their actions".
Not "stopping crime" or "protecting citizens", but catching criminals after they've committed crimes.

Last edited:

sccrref

<snip>and at the same time recognizing individuals’ constitutional rights." <snip>
It would be great if they would do this as well since all of us have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

xmanhockey7

He even made the stupid comment about Sarah Palin using a gun to hunt in Alaska and her comment about gun rights somehow having to do with two shootings in Chicago. WTF.

Gunslinger

Tell you if you are crazy?

OK, you're crazy. Oh, and racist too.

See, now...here is this stupid pos whose ignorance shows--along with his undoubted bad breath, every time he opens his fat mouth. He is the new spokesman for the *******, anti-freedom, just plain moronic gun and liberty haters. Of course, it's not like anything new for chicago. They had one dirtbag replaced by another in the mayor's office, and this human garbage fits in well with the new administration. Let's go back to the Jim Crow laws and make sure Blacks can't have guns. After all, you don't need a gun if you live in Marquette Park. The gangs and drug dealers can always loan you one. Don't look for any cops. They avoid it because mean people are on the streets there. The kind if they push around, they get pushed back. A lot easier to hang out around Lincoln Park...**** him.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Anyone who equates our Constitution's Second Amendment to racism is not top of anything.

Labels are meaningless. What matters is where the rubber meets the road, and just saying 2A is racist FAILS on several fronts:

1. Historical
2. Legal
3. The LEO's oath of office

REALteach4u

He missed his own points...or intentionally left one out.

Gangs
Guns
Drugs
Unarmed citizens

Why wasn't Sarah Palin with you at the crime scene? Well any cop would already know, especially the Chief...because she's non-essential and would CONTAMINATE the crime scene as well as put into question the chain of custody for evidence. But that's just another stupid Chicago leader talking out his rear end when one thing has nothing to do with the other.

This is going to sound silly, but having been a MP it's going to be asked openly.

Since when do LEOs "prevent" crime?

Statistically, if that were happening then crime shouldn't exist, but the FBI's UCR crime data says they're still happening even though we're much lower than we were in the late 1980's. The fact is that NO amount of prevention actually exists. Prevention/deterrence is a myth like no other. They truly don't occur and in reality they just redirect the crime being sought to be prevented to occur in another time and/or location.

Why do I say this? Because criminals will break the law, no matter what the law says. If they didn't, they wouldn't be criminals. To top that off, criminals couldn't exist if it weren't for laws, laws that have been written by a handfull of those possessing an elitist ruling-class mentality....the law doesn't apply to them.

How many bills do we see every year that have criminal punishment attachments?

Last edited: