• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No For Sale / Trade Ads

BrewTownBagger

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).

I know you were trying to trade an iPad 16GB for a G27 instead of selling one but the rules still apply. You are free to use PM however. :)

John

BrewTownBagger

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).

I know you were trying to trade an iPad 16GB for a G27 instead of selling one but the rules still apply. You are free to use PM however. :)

John

Sorry, but I checked the rules and it said no for sale or raffle. Never mentioned anything about trades.... Was that rule just added????

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Repost- just for Schlitz

John

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Why is there no for sale/trade thread? why not?

Because OCDO belongs to John & Mike, as in it is their private property, and thus they can set up any rule they want to. When you registered you agreed to accept and abide by the rules.

If you are not uncomfortable accepting and abiding by the rules you have a number of choices. They all pretty much involve leaving the site and not returning. The variation comes regarding whether or not you set up your own site with rules you are more willing to accept and abide by.

I'd hate to see anybody (well, there are a few exceptions) leave, especially over something as petty as not abiding by the rules. There are other sites where you can offer your trade, or look to see if anyone is offering a trade you are interested in.

stay safe.