• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conversation w/Freedom WI LEO

qball54208

Went to Field of Scenes Drive in Freedom last night, where we had to wait to get in. While waiting, I had a brief conversation w/a LEO about SB93 and OC as it is now. One issue he said he would cite an individual for, violating 941.237, even though the individual had consent. His issue was w/the wording, (d) The licensee, owner, or manager of the premises, or any employee or agent authorized to possess a handgun by the licensee, owner, or manager of the premises.
His justification was with the word "agent" in sub (d), stating "you would not be an agent, so I would cite you". I stated that I have done it multiple times, under sub (g) with no issues. Of course, he wears a badge and I do not.
It just goes to show you how little these "little town" LEO do not know!

A HUGE HUGE hurdle and learning curve for them for the up and coming CCW/OC Laws, I certainly hope their Village ATTY knows how to interpret the Laws! Or. you could say lawsuit.

Fallschirjmäger

This one? 941.237

(2) Whoever intentionally goes armed with a handgun on any premises for which a Class "B" or "Class B" license or permit has been issued under ch. 125 is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:
(a) A peace officer.
(b) A correctional officer while going armed in the line of duty.
(c) A member of the U.S. armed forces or national guard while going armed in the line of duty.
(cm) A private security person meeting all of the following criteria:
1. The private security person is covered by a license or permit issued under s. 440.26.
2. The private security person is going armed in the line of duty.
3. The private security person is acting with the consent of the person specified in par. (d).
(d) The licensee, owner, or manager of the premises, or any employee or agent authorized to possess a handgun by the licensee, owner, or manager of the premises.
(e) The possession of a handgun that is unloaded and encased in a vehicle in any parking lot area.
(f) The possession or use of a handgun at a public or private gun or sportsmen's range or club.
(g) The possession or use of a handgun on the premises if authorized for a specific event of limited duration by the owner or manager of the premises who is issued the Class "B" or "Class B" license or permit under ch. 125 for the premises.
(h) The possession of any handgun that is used for decoration if the handgun is encased, inoperable or secured in a locked condition.
(i) The possession of a handgun in any portion of a hotel other than the portion of the hotel that is a tavern.
(j) The possession of a handgun in any portion of a combination tavern and store devoted to other business if the store is owned or operated by a firearms dealer, the other business includes the sale of handguns and the handgun is possessed in a place other than a tavern.

qball54208

I hope that will soon come! Until then, "WE" continue to educate when and where "WE" can. Although, when SB93 does become law, there are going to be masses of uninformed sheeple out there! Touting "it's gonna be Dodge City out there" I say to that, well then, keep your filthy, opinionated pie hole shut!

MKEgal

(2) Whoever intentionally goes armed with a handgun on any premises for which a Class "B" or "Class B" license or permit has been issued under ch. 125 is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:
(d) The licensee, owner, or manager of the premises, or any employee or agent authorized to possess a handgun by the licensee, owner, or manager of the premises.

(g) The possession or use of a handgun on the premises if authorized for a specific event of limited duration by the owner or manager
The officer stopped reading at subsection d.
Customers of a restaurant would be covered under (g): a meal is a specific event of limited duration.

If he ever saw you in a restaurant & had the bad judgment to arrest you, or even harrass you, a supervisor should be called. Work your way up to the head LEO.
If they keep not listening, I know a lawyer who's won lots of 2A harrassment suits.

Last edited: