• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Darby Borough In State Of Emergency

TechnoWeenie

link

Mayor Helen Thomas says effective immediately, anyone on the streets after 8 p.m. may be pulled over and interviewed by police.

If you are pulled over, you must show identification and you may be frisked.

W T F

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
WTF is right. Besides the whole illegality of it, 8pm is a really early time to start a curfew. I mean there are typically quite a few people out and about at that times where I live. What if another killing happens at 2pm, will they move the curfew up? I would love to know what the thought process here is.

Jack House

WTF is right. Besides the whole illegality of it, 8pm is a really early time to start a curfew. I mean there are typically quite a few people out and about at that times where I live. What if another killing happens at 2pm, will they move the curfew up? I would love to know what the thought process here is.
I would demand they pay me for the work I would miss due to this curfew. My shift never starts before 9(not allowed to start before 10 anymore) and ends at 7(6 if started at nine). Sometimes my shift starts later than ten and/or ends before 7, do to having overtime.

From the comments:
Sadly, fox only got half of the story. If your out past 8pm, hanging out in groups of 3 or more, then you'll be stopped. Moral of the story, don't hang out on corners, "stoops" or any other place.

This seems to suggest that the shootings were gang related. Somehow, I am not convinced that the police are going to enforce this policy on any groups of people they either know or suspect to be armed and dangerous gang members. :rolleyes: