• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped right off of cass st, East Side Green Bay

HandyHamlet

No, it really is a personal attack when you make a statement like "unwilling to protect yourself, your daughter, your community". Those are insulting words.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. But it does not charge the facts. The OP chose to open carry either to protect himself, his loved ones, and his community. Or he chose to OC to engage in his rights under the Constitution and make a political statement. Or his reasoning is a combination of both.

Either way the second he had an encounter he chose to NOT defend himself, his family, and his community, our rights, or the Constitution. I'm sorry, that is a fact. We are under attack daily. Just because it is not a crazed gunman and you don't need to unholster a sidearm does not mean the threat isn't there, didn't happen, or simply went away by ignoring it or making excuses.

Freedom is not free no matter how many excuses are posted. You either fight for it and die free or become a slave. Too many people gave up their lives for that piece of paper for it to be ignored, just for the sake of a pleasant afternoon altercation with tyrants.

1sm032dunno.gif

And I'd also like to point out that it "is not their job" to run the ID of a citizen out for a walk with his daughter. I have a real problem with that.

IMHO

Last edited:

msteinhilber

Wouldn't have given out my identification, they had no reason to need it.

People really need to stop the whole practice of dishing out ID anytime a cop crosses the street less people really desire a papers please society.

Interceptor_Knight

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. But it does not charge the facts. The OP chose to open carry either to protect himself, his loved ones, and his community. Or he chose to OC to engage in his rights under the Constitution and make a political statement. Or his reasoning is a combination of both.

Either way the second he had an encounter he chose to NOT defend himself, his family, and his community, our rights, or the Constitution. I'm sorry, that is a fact. We are under attack daily. Just because it is not a crazed gunman and you don't need to unholster a sidearm does not mean the threat isn't there, didn't happen, or simply went away by ignoring it or making excuses.

Your opinion is no more valid than mine. That is a fact. You may have a right to be a jerk to every cop you meet but we have a right to be cordial also. That is also a fact. Do not even begin to suggest that anyone who does not prescribe to your SOP of confrontation is not willing to lay down their life in the defense of the CONUS. You sir are out of line for suggesting such a thing.
Wise men pick their battles. Every police encounter does not have to be a battle.
I carry for defense, plain and simple. The fact that I have the opportunity to educate others on their right to carry is merely a positive result of carrying for defense.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

i know people will give me crap for submitting my information, but i don't need to play mr secretive, it's my right, i've got nothing to hide and i want them to know me, and know i'm going to be carrying,

If you were not a PI, I would hope you have handled it differently. But being a PI, I understand you desire for them to become familiar with you incase you have contact with them during any course of business. I am assuming PI stands for Private Investigator.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I recently Moved back to the eastside little mexico as i call it from west GB & The DePere area, I live just a few house away from Farlin Park, after 4 months , I have witnessed 6 Drug deals, 4 in the Park & 2 recently in front of my residence , I open carry all the time & everytime I walk the dog now. there is just too much gangland drug dealing BS in this area which is a haven for Illegals & Bangers. I keep a Loaded Mossberg 590 behind the front door & my AR15 next to the bed with my Glock under the pillow when I sleep.. I have yet to have a LE encounter while being out and about with my OC weapon since I began OCing alot 2.5 years ago, just lucky maybe but when I do take the dog for a walk I "forget" my wallet at home...oooops officer no ID sorry :) I know a few GB cops the ones I know are decent people. I guess I am what you called a Hardline uber Constitutionalist but thats an entirely different story :)

HandyHamlet

Your opinion is no more valid than mine. That is a fact. You may have a right to be a jerk to every cop you meet but we have a right to be cordial also.

You say "be a jerk". I say standing up for freedom and the Constitutional rights my forefathers died for. My family fought to preserve. You say tom-ay-to, I say tom-a-to. You say milk, I say melk. And I NEVER said "every cop". So lets dial down the dramatics please. Or not. I don't care. I'm kind of bored of this thread.

That is also a fact. Do not even begin to suggest that anyone who does not prescribe to your SOP of confrontation is not willing to lay down their life in the defense of the CONUS.

I didn't say that. I think I said fight for, or something, I really don't care anymore and am too lazy to go back and look. And actions speak louder than words.

edit: Okay, I looked for you... Die free. I didn't mean "jump on a grenade while hosing down the streets with led. I meant die, as in- live a long and happy life as a free man , then croak.

You sir are out of line for suggesting such a thing.

If my opinion is out of line then so is yours. I'm rubber, you're glue.

Wise men pick their battles. Every police encounter does not have to be a battle.

So we could have opted out of Pearl Harbor? 9-11? The Tet Offensive? And I agree with you. Every police encounter does not have to be a battle. Just the illegal ones that infringe on the Constitution and freedom. I never suggested "every" encounter. News flash. I have cops and Military as clients all the time. I spent last Sat with a retired Pittsburgh Police officer and his family. They were warm and friendly and engaging. So please. We are talking about the jack-asses, the untrained, and the unwitting, jack-booted thugs.

I carry for defense, plain and simple. The fact that I have the opportunity to educate others on their right to carry is merely a positive result of carrying for defense.

Bully for you Sir. Happy Sunday.

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

Who is being dramatic? There is nothing illegal about a consensual encounter. An officer is free to ask for information and you are free to give or not to give. By making the free choice to provide ID and use the encounter as a teaching opportunity instead of a bully style lecture, you will make a more positive impact and make more positive gains in our relationship with our local LEO.
When your opinion makes personal attacks, it is out of line. Suggesting that someone is "unwilling to protect their child" because they consensually provided ID is being overly dramatic. So is comparing a consensual ID to Pearl Harbor....

HandyHamlet

When your opinion makes personal attacks, it is out of line. Suggesting that someone is "unwilling to protect their child" because they consensually provided ID is being overly dramatic. So is comparing a consensual ID to Pearl Harbor....

Once again, I never said that. You do know this thing is on, right? People can actually read the words we type?

Please, do yourself a favor and put me on ignore. I mean, honestly, you aren't even any good at this. I was bored of you hours ago.

And don't worry. I'm sure someone will fight for your rights for you, so just relax and go back to watching TV.

Last edited:

vermonter

Just a little food for thought.... You see this guy approaching, he is a gangbanger but he has never been convicted of anything (read: never been caught). Would he bump up your condition level if he was approaching you and your family? Do you support his right to OC? Do you think the police should stop and ID him? Would you let him walk into your jewelry store like that?

Attachments

• gangbanger.jpg
    gangbanger.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 97

HandyHamlet

You are kidding, right? Who would be afraid of a baby blue Jawa? Unless you haven't tethered your droids...

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Just a little food for thought.... You see this guy approaching, he is a gangbanger but he has never been convicted of anything (read: never been caught). Would he bump up your condition level if he was approaching you and your family? Do you support his right to OC? Do you think the police should stop and ID him? Would you let him walk into your jewelry store like that?

Looks like one of the Drug dealers in the Park, if he had that shotgun in his hands as I approached....I would be drawing down on him !!!!!!!!!! you bet your a$$ !

if I keep buying one powerball 2 twice a week for both drawings & I win ( unlikely i know ).....I will never even look back at Green Bay...I would buy land near Laona, build my private residence/ Bunker & let the Animals have Green Bay....The Cops can't do anything about them & they won't let us just 86 them on spec...Green Bay has gone downhill so bad in the last 20 years, I remember back in the early 80's this was still a Nice place to live, now that nice Middle class area I grew up in during the mid 70's to early 90's is now a ran down shnit hole of Illegals, Bangers, Etc...my k-6 school Eisenhower aNICE SCHOOL back in the mid 70's -mid 80's is now 80% Mexican, Black & Asian with a discracefully 20% being white with 3 different languages saying the same thing >>>> Boys restroom......let's not speak English or Expect these kids to have to learn english when the can speak what ever language they want to..... This country has gone to crap !

Badger Johnson

Ordinarily, I'd offer a few criticisms and maybe some suggestions. I do believe this is a special case since the OP is a PI.

1. You took a risk walking with your daughter on your shoulders around a risky area, on foot, with a HG on your hip. I'm not sure this was wise. Why not go to a park and do it. You wanted to make a point and maybe show an example but your daughter was a participant who had no real vote in taking this risk.
2. You did not (apparently) have your recorder on;
3. You got lucky that the LEOs who you encountered were mostly nice guys. Your daughter would/could have been traumatized in seeing you proned out and cuffed and stuffed. Why go there?
4. You were at a disadvantage in that you were carrying your child, making it more difficult to seek cover and evade, and difficult to handle a MWAG call;
5. You used your daughter as a type of shield, hoping the LEOs would be less aggressive. Perhaps this was inadvertent or unintentional;
6. The officers could have called child protective services and cast what you were doing in a very bad light. You walked around in an unsafe area with your child while carrying a HG. It would be -wrong- of them to assert this was bad, but it would also be hard to defend. I've seen less behavior cause worse consequences in my readings.

I'm glad it went ok, but hope you will be more circumspect in the future and perhaps walk a dog rather than carry a child. (again, not asserting this was intentional risk taking).

$.02

protias

Here is your opinion:

Perhaps you should review your actions at Culvers in Madison last summer. My opinion.

Here is me asking for an explanation because your opinion says nothing on what should have changed.

And in what way did they break the law? What did they even do wrong? Hmm Spartacus?

Here is you saying you don't need to explain your opinion.

You should perhaps read it again, no word their in my post.
Now I ask again, explain your asinine opinion.