• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped right off of cass st, East Side Green Bay

logables

Here is your opinion:

Here is me asking for an explanation because your opinion says nothing on what should have changed.

Here is you saying you don't need to explain your opinion.

Now I ask again, explain your asinine opinion.

If you do not like my opinion, tough. I do not agree with yours. My opinion.

logables

So you say one thing and do not back it up. There is a word for you people and that is "troll."

There is nothing to back up. The post in question was a general statement. It did not specify anything. I am not a troll and your post has been reported.

protias

There is nothing to back up. The post in question was a general statement. It did not specify anything. I am not a troll and your post has been reported.
A general statement with no information.

Oh, and hurt feelings don't break the rules unless you fill out the proper paperwork:

1_hurtfeelingreport.jpg

qball54208

He had an opinion in a public forum and should back up his opinion is said forum.
Opinions...HMMM let me think bout that one...opinions are like arse holes, every body's got one...
I'm just sayin' that SOMEONE should take the higher ground stop the pissin' contest and each could concede that they're right.
Nothing kills more men than being right with pride. Just sayin'
The only argument here could be principle an/or misinformation, which can be corrected.
I'm out.

protias

Opinions...HMMM let me think bout that one...opinions are like arse holes, every body's got one...
I'm just sayin' that SOMEONE should take the higher ground stop the pissin' contest and each could concede that they're right.
Nothing kills more men than being right with pride. Just sayin'
The only argument here could be principle an/or misinformation, which can be corrected.
I'm out.
It has nothing to do with pride. If someone states an opinion, he should at least have the stones to back it up. People may not like everything I say, but I stand by my statements and can back up my beliefs.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
let's ease up..he has the right to handle said situation the way he wants to, I won't fault him or any one for handling things they way they want to. I would have done it just a bit differently but that's me.... everyone take a deep breath and relax :)

protias

let's ease up..he has the right to handle said situation the way he wants to, I won't fault him or any one for handling things they way they want to. I would have done it just a bit differently but that's me.... everyone take a deep breath and relax :)
Thank you Glock34. I know we've had our disagreements in the past, but what matters is being able to discuss things even if they are heated.

Lurchiron

I'm more like...Ding, ding. Round #2 Go Protias, go;)

Last edited:

MadisonRebel

Campaign Veteran
No, it really is a personal attack when you make a statement like "unwilling to protect yourself, your daughter, your community". Those are insulting words.
It was a consentual stop and he chose to identify himself consentually. He also told the officers that he knew his rights and was free to leave. I have no problems with this. Not every encounter needs to be a adversarial one.

Bingo. And it's the hardliner attitude that drives away people like myself from the OC community. I wish it would stop, or that at least the moderators here would dissuade the passive-aggressive "this is not an attack, but you are a coward/undermining our efforts/not standing up for your rights" crap. The hardliners need to respect the choices of those who are doing their part to try and make the OC movement an ever-greater demonstration of our rights.

MadisonRebel

Campaign Veteran
Once again, I never said that. You do know this thing is on, right? People can actually read the words we type?

Please, do yourself a favor and put me on ignore. I mean, honestly, you aren't even any good at this. I was bored of you hours ago.

And don't worry. I'm sure someone will fight for your rights for you, so just relax and go back to watching TV.

Congratulations. You're a prime example of the worst kind of participant in the OC community, because this is not the first time I've seen you display the attitude that chases off good people who can help the community grow.

HandyHamlet

Excuse me?

Now I don't have a right to my opinion? Yet you do? And my post you quoted was in response to my words being totally twisted. Just like you are doing now... But THAT'S okay?

I never called anyone a coward. Those are your words.

And thanks for the clarification. It's good to know that since I choose to exercise my 2a and 4A and 5a rights I am a "hardliner". It's good to know that advocating the document this country is founded on is inappropriate.

...standing up for your rights" crap.

This is beautiful, Sir. Standing up for your rights is... crap. Just beautiful Sir. Happy Fourth of July to you and yours. Just out of curiosity, what flag do you fly on that day?

I stand corrected.

Last edited:

Lurchiron

Congratulations. You're a prime example of the worst kind of participant in the OC community, because this is not the first time I've seen you display the attitude that chases off good people who can help the community grow.

I'm just wondering where it is that all these good people go to??? They must sing

Kumbaya there alot...ya think HamView attachment 6133???

MadisonRebel

Campaign Veteran
Excuse me?

Now I don't have a right to my opinion? Yet you do?

I never said anything of the sort, but nice job on twisting my words.

I never called anyone a coward.

I never said you did. Twist on.

And thanks for the clarification. It's good to know that since I choose to exercise my 2a and 4A and 5a rights I am a "hardliner". It's good to know that advocating the document this country is founded on is inappropriate.

Certainly a twisty day. I don't call anyone a hardliner for exercising their rights. I call people hardliners when they give others a hard time for not doing exactly what they would do in a given situation, since every situation and open carrier is unique and will need to handled in a different way. While you have a right to lecture them about what they should have done, it doesn't make your words correct, respectful, or worthwhile.

This is beautiful, Sir. Standing up for your rights is... crap.

How you have the gall to complain about anyone else twisting your words is breathtaking.

I hope you get a big kick out of spitting on anyone who doesn't do exactly what you do in a given situation. Ultimately, the truth is this: you were not that person, and you were not in that situation. Bark at them all you like, but it doesn't make you any less of an armchair quarterback. Correct your attitude, and more people might be inclined to help the efforts to make open carry a common sight rather than a rarity.

HandyHamlet

What you call attitude I call comedy gold.

You saw what I did with the Jawa... right?

Ultimately, the truth is this: you were not that person, and you were not in that situation.

Ultimately, the truth is this: you have no idea what you are talking about. You don't know me and you certainly do not know HOW MANY TIMES I have been in, am in, or most definitely will be in that very situation in the future. I'll give you a hint. You will need more fingers and toes. Walk a mile in a man's shoes...

And I'll ask you the same question. You DO know this thing is on right? Everything you type people can see. So when you type something and then claim you didn't type it, it is sort of silly.

And you never answered my question. What flag do you fly on the 4th of July?

You do make a valid point though. When I joined this community I never received my welcome packet.

You're a prime example of the worst kind of participant in the OC community,

Maybe if you could fill me in on the core values, give me a brief outline, of your community I will step on less toes in the future. I mean, I kind'a figured a 2A group would be FOR the Constitution. But I make mistakes all the time...

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I Love That "Hurt Feelings Report"!

Many of us know each other well that are posting on this thread. I know Handy and Protias and I know what has happened to them in their lives with "Police Encounters Of The Worst Kind". I know from where they speak and I can relate to their comments.

Logables posted a statement that makes no sense and he has not posted anything to support it. Why let someone post a statement with no basis on fact and not question it?

In my experience(s) here in Wisconsin I had one "bad" experience with a female police officer (nothing about open carry). She wanted to know my name. I refused. I told her I didn't have to say a single word to her and that I KNEW MY RIGHTS. She exploded in a tantrum that would make a blind man cringe and run for cover. She called me every name in the book and let the epithets flow. I remained calm and never raised my voice and she got even madder (not angrier...she was MAD). She fumed and ran away and that was the end of it.

My point? We NEVER know why or what a police officer may do in these encounters. Why should we comply with their demands when we never know what they will do with our personal information? Why acquiesce to their demands or questions?

Besides, what law(s) are we breaking when we exercise our rights?

We have rights for a reason. Why give them up willingly?