• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Serious Firearms Attorney in Portland?

user

Accomplished Advocate
I'm an attorney in Virginia, and most of what I do is related to firearms in one way or another. So someone asked me to recommend an attorney in the Portland, Maine, area with regard to
a recent OC incident where a member was carrying openly and was stopped by police. He was cited for carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle without a permit to carry concealed. What happened was he didn't want to load the firearm in plain view of the public, so he loaded it in the vehicle and immediately got out.

All (four) of the attorneys I've been able to locate who say they're "gun-friendly" seem to practice in all sorts of areas totally unrelated to either criminal law or firearms, generally. I get the impression that they try to plaster their names over the Internet in order to get "whatever comes in the door".

Anyone have any suggestions for these folks?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This young man seems to have been caught between two laws and the impossible situation of not being able to obey one w/o breaking the other.

Add to that mix an officer apparently determined to charge him with equal ease with either infraction. Not exactly an equitable solution to a non-problem.

Appreciate the call for a pro RKBA lawyer, but wonder how necessary it is in this case. Just not be anti and have a strong sense of morality/fairness would seem to be more than enough.

OTOH - gotta be one dedicated 2A lawyer somewhere in those parts - was hoping you all might have a private grapevine to share trade secrets.

boyscout399

He's not a "gun friendly attorney" but for a good criminal defense attorney I would recommend Tom Hallet. He served me well when I was charged in Portland 3 years ago.