Thread: McMiller Gun Range - Please give info on it

McMiller Gun Range - Please give info on it

I haven't been there in years. I see the price is still 15.00 a day.

Are they OC friendly? I'm assuming no drawing and shooting from holster either way from what I've seen before.

Do they allow double or triple taps?

Other then that is it still a range that's run by good people, without over zealous range nazis?

Not really OC friendly, they are more CC with lots of training. No holster draw, no rapid fire, not a ton of fun but ok.

Depends on who is on the range. However, no one allows rapid fire. No idea why.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    You can't use silhouette targets, no rapid fire, no drawing and shooting.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

I can live without rapid fire, but no double taps allowed?

Was just their a couple weeks ago.

The have changed a couple things since last year.
    Chamber flags now required in each uncased firearm during cease-fire, can be bought their for $1.00 each, no more than two or three firearms uncased at a time per shooter per bench, all firearms must be cased and uncased on the bench keeping muzzle pointed down range.

General rules are as others posted.
    No silhouette target of any kind, no rapid fire, no double taps, no OC, no draw and fire.
    One shot per second is the fastest you can shoot. No handling of firearms, ammo or mags/clips during cease fire. Which means no loading/unloading of mags, no casing/uncasing of firearms.

When cease fire is called, unload the firearm, action open/locked back with chamber flag inserted, take a few steps back against the back rail.

Price is still $15 for the day for......I believe, 10 to 100 yard. 200 and 300 yard is extra.

New this year, they set up a plinking range for .22 shooters which is a different fee, don't remember what it is.

All in all I still enjoy going their. I spend most of my time on the 25 yard. The range master is a descent enough guy. I chat with him quite a bit when I'm their. He will give you a good hollering if you F' up, but if you pay attention you won't have any problems.
    It's all fun and games until someone flash bangs the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by PakRatJR View Post
    Was just their a couple weeks ago.

The have changed a couple things since last year.
    Chamber flags now required in each uncased firearm during cease-fire, can be bought their for $1.00 each, no more than two or three firearms uncased at a time per shooter per bench, all firearms must be cased and uncased on the bench keeping muzzle pointed down range.

General rules are as others posted.
    No silhouette target of any kind, no rapid fire, no double taps, no OC, no draw and fire.
    One shot per second is the fastest you can shoot. No handling of firearms, ammo or mags/clips during cease fire. Which means no loading/unloading of mags, no casing/uncasing of firearms.

When cease fire is called, unload the firearm, action open/locked back with chamber flag inserted, take a few steps back against the back rail.

Price is still $15 for the day for......I believe, 10 to 100 yard. 200 and 300 yard is extra.

New this year, they set up a plinking range for .22 shooters which is a different fee, don't remember what it is.

All in all I still enjoy going their. I spend most of my time on the 25 yard. The range master is a descent enough guy. I chat with him quite a bit when I'm their. He will give you a good hollering if you F' up, but if you pay attention you won't have any problems.
    This range sounds like a joke to me. One shot a second? I have worked on my dbl. tap for 10 years, and I am not going to stop now.

Angry No Silhouettes? Why?

What kind of nonsense is that? More and more of these ranges are getting too restrictive and just plain dumb.

How about this? The "range" I was intending to join has a "No more than one round loaded in your gun" rule.

Yes, that is correct! ONE ROUND ONLY. Are you kidding? I will never join a range like that nor will I shoot there.

These people are pushing their political agendas on US by forcing us to follow their idiotic rules.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    What kind of nonsense is that? More and more of these ranges are getting too restrictive and just plain dumb.

How about this? The "range" I was intending to join has a "No more than one round loaded in your gun" rule.

Yes, that is correct! ONE ROUND ONLY. Are you kidding? I will never join a range like that nor will I shoot there.

These people are pushing their political agendas on US by forcing us to follow their idiotic rules.

Yeah, I have heard of a few Ranges turnin Nazi ....
    Even heard of a few closing up too.
    Seems the Anti gun crowd have scored a few minor victories.

Dont know about you folks but I wish the NRA Reps for Wi were a little more
    proactive.

Its a whole 'nother world up here in Gods Country.
    Gettin the H3LL outta Milwaukee County sure put a big ol' grin on my face,
    and a case of Happy Feet.

'Course theres a trade off....
    I miss Lizzy's Chili....and am goin thru Wells Bros pizza and Piasanos on Packard
    pizza withdrawals.

On a side note theres plenty of critters up here that need tappin.
    I missed my first rifle shot in 6 months the other night.
    Got my work cut out for now with a light shy,gunshy critter.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw