• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McMiller Gun Range - Please give info on it

Passive101

I haven't been there in years. I see the price is still 15.00 a day.

Are they OC friendly? I'm assuming no drawing and shooting from holster either way from what I've seen before.

Do they allow double or triple taps?

Other then that is it still a range that's run by good people, without over zealous range nazis?

protias

Not really OC friendly, they are more CC with lots of training. No holster draw, no rapid fire, not a ton of fun but ok.

Depends on who is on the range. However, no one allows rapid fire. No idea why. :rolleyes:

PakRatJR

Was just their a couple weeks ago. :D

The have changed a couple things since last year.
Chamber flags now required in each uncased firearm during cease-fire, can be bought their for $1.00 each, no more than two or three firearms uncased at a time per shooter per bench, all firearms must be cased and uncased on the bench keeping muzzle pointed down range.

General rules are as others posted.
No silhouette target of any kind, no rapid fire, no double taps, no OC, no draw and fire.
One shot per second is the fastest you can shoot. No handling of firearms, ammo or mags/clips during cease fire. Which means no loading/unloading of mags, no casing/uncasing of firearms.

When cease fire is called, unload the firearm, action open/locked back with chamber flag inserted, take a few steps back against the back rail.

Price is still $15 for the day for......I believe, 10 to 100 yard. 200 and 300 yard is extra.

New this year, they set up a plinking range for .22 shooters which is a different fee, don't remember what it is.

All in all I still enjoy going their. I spend most of my time on the 25 yard. The range master is a descent enough guy. I chat with him quite a bit when I'm their. He will give you a good hollering if you F' up, but if you pay attention you won't have any problems.

AaronS

Was just their a couple weeks ago. :D

The have changed a couple things since last year.
Chamber flags now required in each uncased firearm during cease-fire, can be bought their for $1.00 each, no more than two or three firearms uncased at a time per shooter per bench, all firearms must be cased and uncased on the bench keeping muzzle pointed down range.

General rules are as others posted.
No silhouette target of any kind, no rapid fire, no double taps, no OC, no draw and fire.
One shot per second is the fastest you can shoot. No handling of firearms, ammo or mags/clips during cease fire. Which means no loading/unloading of mags, no casing/uncasing of firearms.

When cease fire is called, unload the firearm, action open/locked back with chamber flag inserted, take a few steps back against the back rail.

Price is still $15 for the day for......I believe, 10 to 100 yard. 200 and 300 yard is extra.

New this year, they set up a plinking range for .22 shooters which is a different fee, don't remember what it is.

All in all I still enjoy going their. I spend most of my time on the 25 yard. The range master is a descent enough guy. I chat with him quite a bit when I'm their. He will give you a good hollering if you F' up, but if you pay attention you won't have any problems.

This range sounds like a joke to me. One shot a second? I have worked on my dbl. tap for 10 years, and I am not going to stop now.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
No Silhouettes? Why?

What kind of nonsense is that? More and more of these ranges are getting too restrictive and just plain dumb.

How about this? The "range" I was intending to join has a "No more than one round loaded in your gun" rule.

Yes, that is correct! ONE ROUND ONLY. Are you kidding? I will never join a range like that nor will I shoot there.

These people are pushing their political agendas on US by forcing us to follow their idiotic rules.

LR Yote 312

What kind of nonsense is that? More and more of these ranges are getting too restrictive and just plain dumb.

How about this? The "range" I was intending to join has a "No more than one round loaded in your gun" rule.

Yes, that is correct! ONE ROUND ONLY. Are you kidding? I will never join a range like that nor will I shoot there.

These people are pushing their political agendas on US by forcing us to follow their idiotic rules.

Yeah, I have heard of a few Ranges turnin Nazi ....
Even heard of a few closing up too.
Seems the Anti gun crowd have scored a few minor victories.

Dont know about you folks but I wish the NRA Reps for Wi were a little more
proactive.

Its a whole 'nother world up here in Gods Country.
Gettin the H3LL outta Milwaukee County sure put a big ol' grin on my face,
and a case of Happy Feet.:monkey

'Course theres a trade off....
I miss Lizzy's Chili....and am goin thru Wells Bros pizza and Piasanos on Packard
pizza withdrawals.

On a side note theres plenty of critters up here that need tappin.
I missed my first rifle shot in 6 months the other night.
Got my work cut out for now with a light shy,gunshy critter.

LR Yote