Thread: Have I missed something?

Have I missed something?

McX
    We're not against gun rights. My contention is if a bad guy is in my store and you're a good Samaritan in my store and you see the bad guy whipping out the gun, we already have security procedures in place to protect ourselves."

dial 911 and hide behind the counter?

Eulberg added that he didnít want firearms in a store where customers can negotiate the prices of jewelry.

afraid they might want to trade their 1911 for some jewelry?

To reach customers on both sides of the law, Eulberg told Fox6Now.com heís considering allowing open carry during half of his business hours.

that's mighty white of them! both sides of the law?!- which side am i supposed to be on?

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/25...#ixzz1QNrFH3uI

This will be the first of some stores that will actually PREFER open carry to concealed carry, so they reasonably know who is armed. But of course we know that a criminal won't care.

These are 'interesting times'. We don't know what the likely scenario would be if a BG came into a store and saw an OC-er, or if he came into a store and there were CC there and they attempted to back up security. It all happens too fast. I do not think it's a real concern or valid fear that there will be a hail of bullets.

It's not important for an armed citizen to protect the store's property, but an armed citizen would/could prevent the BGs from executing the employees, and an AC would protect themselves and be able to exit the store. Being in a jewelry store is a scary situation because they can lock you in with the BGs. You don't know what's happening until it goes down, and yes an AC could get shot as a perp if they're not careful.

The other scary thing is that BGs may wise up and start OC-ing ad lib using the old 'wolf in sheep's' clothing. If that happens it could be the death of the 2A, I fear.

$.02
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ayce2 View Post
    You definitely missed something. It has it's own topic and the owner is on OCDO talking as well.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...their-position...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...their-position...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1559133

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    These are 'interesting times'. We don't know what the likely scenario would be if a BG came into a store and saw an OC-er, or if he came into a store and there were CC there and they attempted to back up security. It all happens too fast. I do not think it's a real concern or valid fear that there will be a hail of bullets.

It's not important for an armed citizen to protect the store's property, but an armed citizen would/could prevent the BGs from executing the employees, and an AC would protect themselves and be able to exit the store. Being in a jewelry store is a scary situation because they can lock you in with the BGs. You don't know what's happening until it goes down, and yes an AC could get shot as a perp if they're not careful.

The other scary thing is that BGs may wise up and start OC-ing ad lib using the old 'wolf in sheep's' clothing. If that happens it could be the death of the 2A, I fear.

$.02
    A bad guy OCing? That is a good joke.
    Ever heard of this for real? Once?