• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying in Windsor Castle Park - Smithfield

ODA 226

"Added: Found that this is actually also codified in their Code of Ordinances:
Sec. 70-221 Rules and regulations for Windsor Castle Park:
(4) Weapons. Unauthorized persons shall not carry concealed weapons, nor shall they have on or about their person dangerous or deadly weapons, in public park and recreation facilities. Further no hunting is allowed."

But the above (from my first post) is directly out of the Code of Ordinances. So while they may have copied it from other parks or whatever, they also then included the exact same language in their municipal code. And if that's still there, it would seem that it doesn't matter that they deleted it from the park's flyer?

Can you send me a link to that Code?

TFred

http://library.municode.com/HTML/11578/level3/PTIICO_CH70STSIOTPUPL_ARTVWICAPA.html

Of course that could be out of date, but that then still doesn't quite jive with what he was saying about him alone just putting it into the park literature.
The two "new" ordinances that I mentioned were dated June 7, 2011, so anything done prior to that should either be listed on that same page, or in the database already.

Only an ordinance passed after June 7 could be missing from the Municode page.

TFred

TFred

I think that you may have lost me -- I just followed your link, which leads to the same municode page?
Sorry, we cross-posted. My first link is the same as yours. My second link is the "home" page, where the search feature is, and it also supposedly displays the ordinances that have been passed since the last update to the database.

If what your guy told you was true, the updated ordinances should have been listed there on that home page. Unless the changes were made after June 7th.

TFred

Glockster

Sorry, we cross-posted. My first link is the same as yours. My second link is the "home" page, where the search feature is, and it also supposedly displays the ordinances that have been passed since the last update to the database.

If what your guy told you was true, the updated ordinances should have been listed there on that home page. Unless the changes were made after June 7th.

TFred

But both of your links take me to the same municode page. And I still see the ordinance listed under chapter 70, codified as of November 2, 2010.

TFred

But both of your links take me to the same municode page. And I still see the ordinance listed under chapter 70, codified as of November 2, 2010.
Oh, well that's bizarre. When I click the first link I posted, it takes me directly to the page with the ordinance we are discussing in a full page mode. When I click the second link, it takes me to the front page for Smithfield ordinances with the search box and the two "newer" ordinances listed, and and index to all the code sections in a frame on the left.

If you look at my links you can see that they are two completely different URLs.

TFred

Last edited:

Glockster

Oh, well that's bizarre. When I click the first link I posted, it takes me directly to the page with the ordinance we are discussing in a full page mode. When I click the second link, it takes me to the front page for Smithfield ordinances with the search box and the two "newer" ordinances listed, and and index to all the code sections in a frame on the left.

If you look at my links you can see that they are two completely different URLs.

TFred

No, they're not two totally different links though. What you have in the first is as you say, the full page. But it is the same municode page, for Smithfield. And in the second link, the one with the section index of the codes on the left, it is still there.

But either way, full page or by using the links on the left, both take you to the page showing that ordinance is still there. Which is what I was trying to show.

Last edited: