• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Homeowner Fights Back

dmatting

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/9781402/

Enfield, N.C. — A 17-year-old out for the weekend from a juvenile justice facility was shot and killed during a home invasion Saturday, and Halifax authorities are searching for three adults suspected of plotting the crime.

Halifax County Sheriff Jeff Frazier said a resident fired at four people as they were trying to get into a home on N.C. Highway 481 in Enfield around 4 a.m. Saturday. The 17-year-old was killed, and the three other people fled.

The resident has not been charged.

muccione

Wow not only saving himself and family but saving the state millions in tax-payer money. This "kid" would have been in and out of jail his whole life... less than a dollar in ammo is well spent...

rotorhead

Wow not only saving himself and family but saving the state millions in tax-payer money. This "kid" would have been in and out of jail his whole life... less than a dollar in ammo is well spent...

Well, he might have got what's coming to him as a result of his attempted break-in, but there's no way to be sure the kid would have been in and out of jail his whole life. People turn themselves around and take the right paths in life all the time- I'm living proof, and I'd bet I'm not the only one here.

Yaki

While I got in trouble in my young adult days nothing serious.
I remember my mom saying your sitting on the fence and you can fall on either side. I chose to keep my nose clean. I am thankful i did. I can vote, I can own a gun, and I can lecture my kids without sounding like a hypocrite lol..
I only had a golf club to defend myself and my family until last week. I purchased my first gun. I sleep alot better knowing if someone broke in i could really defend my family.
Anyway off to big % to check out a Mossburg 590 on sale :banana:

Carry24/7

While I got in trouble in my young adult days nothing serious.
I remember my mom saying your sitting on the fence and you can fall on either side. I chose to keep my nose clean. I am thankful i did. I can vote, I can own a gun, and I can lecture my kids without sounding like a hypocrite lol..
I only had a golf club to defend myself and my family until last week. I purchased my first gun. I sleep alot better knowing if someone broke in i could really defend my family.
Anyway off to big % to check out a Mossburg 590 on sale :banana:

Welcome to the world of being a gun owner. It's a great feeling to know you have a fighting chance to defend yourself and your family.