Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Eastern NC State of Emergency, Governor Perdue breaking the law again...

  1. #1
    Regular Member Maverick9110e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    224

    Eastern NC State of Emergency, Governor Perdue breaking the law again...

    Here is the link to the EO:

    http://www.governor.state.nc.us/News...3ad906d7b0.PDF


    Can't we just contact the Attorney Generals office and have them bring charges against the Governor?
    Last edited by Maverick9110e; 06-26-2011 at 11:47 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fletcher, NC
    Posts
    113
    excuse my ignorance...how is this breaking the law? I noticed the part where it says it does not pertain to alcohol or weapons...

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greensboro, ,
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderjohn View Post
    excuse my ignorance...how is this breaking the law? I noticed the part where it says it does not pertain to alcohol or weapons...
    That's the problem, The governor does not have the power to suspend the statutes that link restrictions on weapons and booze during a state of emergency - therefore, she is breaking the law, sort of...

    the problem is, that she cannot declare a statute not in effect, just because she wants to.

    Whether we like the law against carrying during a state of emergency, and regardless of whether the police will enforce it, carrying off of one's property within an area declared in a state of emergency during that emergency is a violation of NC law.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by RayBurton72 View Post
    That's the problem, The governor does not have the power to suspend the statutes that link restrictions on weapons and booze during a state of emergency - therefore, she is breaking the law, sort of...

    the problem is, that she cannot declare a statute not in effect, just because she wants to.

    Whether we like the law against carrying during a state of emergency, and regardless of whether the police will enforce it, carrying off of one's property within an area declared in a state of emergency during that emergency is a violation of NC law.
    But, but, but Ray, she's the Guvna. She can do whatever she wants, right?
    Last edited by Thundar; 06-26-2011 at 08:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9110e View Post
    Here is the link to the EO:

    http://www.governor.state.nc.us/News...3ad906d7b0.PDF


    Can't we just contact the Attorney Generals office and have them bring charges against the Governor?
    Ha Ha Ha, who do you think advises her.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Northerner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Clayton, NC
    Posts
    320
    Got mine in my wallet! I wonder how legal it is without the Secretary of State's signature?
    Last edited by Northerner; 06-26-2011 at 10:35 PM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Got mine in my wallet! I wonder how legal it is without the Secretary of State's signature?

    The PDFs of EOs on the Governor's website never have the SofS's signature, for some reason.

    You'd think they'd wit to make the PDF until AFTER the Secretary of State had affixed the appropriate signature...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  8. #8
    Regular Member WTFOVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketdad View Post
    Ha Ha Ha, who do you think advises her.
    And who's going to pursue her if someone did make a stink about it? The feds? They have other things to worry about.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Maverick9110e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    224
    Stop using all that common sense dreamer, lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •