• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eastern NC State of Emergency, Governor Perdue breaking the law again...

spiderjohn

excuse my ignorance...how is this breaking the law? I noticed the part where it says it does not pertain to alcohol or weapons...

RayBurton72

excuse my ignorance...how is this breaking the law? I noticed the part where it says it does not pertain to alcohol or weapons...

That's the problem, The governor does not have the power to suspend the statutes that link restrictions on weapons and booze during a state of emergency - therefore, she is breaking the law, sort of...

the problem is, that she cannot declare a statute not in effect, just because she wants to.

Whether we like the law against carrying during a state of emergency, and regardless of whether the police will enforce it, carrying off of one's property within an area declared in a state of emergency during that emergency is a violation of NC law.

Thundar

That's the problem, The governor does not have the power to suspend the statutes that link restrictions on weapons and booze during a state of emergency - therefore, she is breaking the law, sort of...

the problem is, that she cannot declare a statute not in effect, just because she wants to.

Whether we like the law against carrying during a state of emergency, and regardless of whether the police will enforce it, carrying off of one's property within an area declared in a state of emergency during that emergency is a violation of NC law.

But, but, but Ray, she's the Guvna. She can do whatever she wants, right?

Last edited:

Northerner

Got mine in my wallet! I wonder how legal it is without the Secretary of State's signature?

Last edited:

Dreamer

Got mine in my wallet! I wonder how legal it is without the Secretary of State's signature?

The PDFs of EOs on the Governor's website never have the SofS's signature, for some reason.

You'd think they'd wit to make the PDF until AFTER the Secretary of State had affixed the appropriate signature...