Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Displaying Your Permit?

Displaying Your Permit?

Quote Originally Posted by McX on FB
    An idea proposed to us in attendance; the new permit system is coming. i propose the easiest way to have a handy precious permit, is on a lanyard, clear plastic case. might as well make room in for your license. Would look positively stunning with the WisCarry Logo on it. Hang around the neck, or breast pocket type thing. I'd buy one if the Organization sold them, maybe stock some. Your thoughts?
    Check out my avatar.

Avatar photo shows an easy way to end up in jail.

Looks just like a cop badge to me.

Then look at my response...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    Avatar photo shows an easy way to end up in jail.

Looks just like a cop badge to me.
    I know, I know, it's a really bad idea, especially for Protias.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 06-26-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Just what I want when I'm trying to conceal a gun -- something hanging around my neck or on my shirt pocket that tells people I am concealing a gun.

McX
    you stash it in your breast pocket, for easy access for LEO or sheeple, as needed. a suggestion of convenience is all.

Wisconsin Carry logo tells 'em who your with.
    Last edited by McX; 06-26-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    you stash it in your breast pocket, for easy access for LEO or sheeple, as needed. a suggestion of convenience is all.

Wisconsin Carry logo tells 'em who your with.
    This is what you want.http://www.walletgear.com/id-holders...d-holders.html

Red face Nah...won't happen my friends! Not when carrying concealed.

I've been carrying concealed (where legal) for almost 33 years (I'm old!) and NOT ONCE has an officer "made me" even when I was standing in front of them, in line, at China Wok. I have concealed carry in many states and never have had a single issue with anyone. Only once in all my years did a person discover I was carrying and that was when she put her arms around me and asked me what that "thing" was in my lower back.

The only time I can foresee an officer asking for a license is when we are OPEN CARRYING. We all know it is going to happen, especially if the officer(s) "think" we are in a school zone. Expect it. It will happen.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Anyone have a guess whether the permits are plastic like the drivers license, or a piece of paper? In any case, if they are plastic ones, it will need to stay in my wallet, because I am required to keep my ID in a lanyard around my neck. My collar is already crowded with all this other Mr T stuff I have to wear.

Thumbs up LOL! I Guarantee You That Every Police Agency Knows Who WCI Is. Oh Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by logables View Post
    The large majority of Wisconsin residents have no idea who wisconsin carry is nor should they. The said organization has nothing to do with a cc permit issued by the state. wisconsin carry is a non issue. My opinion.
    People are mostly Sheeple and go through life with their heads buried in the sand. Those that do open their eyes and think for themselves see life as it is and not the life created for them by the government media complex.

The police do indeed know who Wisconsin Carry is and they have paid dearly over the last 18 months. Some police and police departments/cities will pay dearly in the very near future as well.

Wisconsin Carry is the ONLY organization that has stood up for our rights and has won every single lawsuit. We have made a difference and we will continue to do so.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

McX
    it is/ was a bad idea, i'll look into manufacturing one for me to meet my needs. materials i'm sure are available. i need a Wisconsin Carry logo long shoe string if anyone can help me with that. orange and black would look sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by nevinsb View Post
    Anyone have a guess whether the permits are plastic like the drivers license, or a piece of paper? In any case, if they are plastic ones, it will need to stay in my wallet, because I am required to keep my ID in a lanyard around my neck. My collar is already crowded with all this other Mr T stuff I have to wear.
    For $50 they better be NICE !
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

This is a non-issue. I hear they're going to have a state mandated bar-code tattooed on our wrists encompassing all of our state licensing information from drivers licenses, to hunting, fishing and carry licenses. How convenient!

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    For $50 they better be NICE !
    The language of the law says that the Dept. of Justice may contract with the Dept. of Transportation to produce the permits. Therefore, I would expect the permit to look similar to a WI driver's license, at least in dimensions and material.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    The language of the law says that the Dept. of Justice may contract with the Dept. of Transportation to produce the permits. Therefore, I would expect the permit to look similar to a WI driver's license, at least in dimensions and material.
    I heard that our driver licenses will be out sourced to california:

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/122914588.html

MILWAUKEE - Starting this fall, Wisconsin driver's license cards will no longer be printed in Wisconsin. Instead, the state will outsource the work to a company that will print the cards in California.

So it would free up for ccw permits no lines no waiting.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

The large majority of Wisconsin residents have no idea who wisconsin carry is nor should they. The said organization has nothing to do with a cc permit issued by the state. wisconsin carry is a non issue. My opinion.
    No one cares what your opinion is. A fact, not opinion.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    No one cares what your opinion is. A fact, not opinion.
    I CARE, so now your fact is no longer accurate or a fact...so HA
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Angry No way for stinkeeen badges !

My friends, if you are members of USCCA (United States Concealed Carry Association), the topic of "Concealed Weapons Permit Badges" is covered in great detail. Such badges are likely to get one cited for "impersonating a police officer" as the average person cannot read the logo on the badge but associates badges with Law Enforcement Officers. In some states, such a conviction renders one ineligible to carry a concealed firearm as the offense is a felony. In other states where it is a misdemeanor, the fact that one might be carrying on a permit may raise the offense to a "weapons offense" and thus make the person ineligible for a permit in WI.

My advice, as an instructor and long time CFP holder - NO STINKEEN BADGES! Right, McX?

Plug: If you are not members of USCCA, since USCCA is a supporter of WI Carry, you may wish to consider joining.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    I've been carrying concealed (where legal) for almost 33 years (I'm old!) and NOT ONCE has an officer "made me" even when I was standing in front of them, in line, at China Wok. I have concealed carry in many states and never have had a single issue with anyone. Only once in all my years did a person discover I was carrying and that was when she put her arms around me and asked me what that "thing" was in my lower back.

The only time I can foresee an officer asking for a license is when we are OPEN CARRYING. We all know it is going to happen, especially if the officer(s) "think" we are in a school zone. Expect it. It will happen.
    I agree with you, though I've not been carrying concealed as long as you, I do have some time (10+ years) under my belt. I've never had it brought to my attention that someone knew that I was carrying....even though there were times I'm surprised nobody said anything (full size glock under a shirt that was too tight for CC).
    Rand Paul 2016

Yes, we have made a little progress since JBs opinion. I am as well informed about WCI as anybody, I am also one of the first 25 membership numbers on the WCI founders club page. The WCI facebook page can be quite entertaining at times. It is a decent organization but the membership numbers will drop now that conceal carry with permits and training is here to stay. My opinion.
    Then you were probably banned and have returned as a poltergeist.

Yes, we have made a little progress since JBs opinion. I am as well informed about WCI as anybody, I am also one of the first 25 membership numbers on the WCI founders club page. The WCI facebook page can be quite entertaining at times. It is a decent organization but the membership numbers will drop now that conceal carry with permits and training is here to stay. My opinion.
    You must be Spartacus then.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    No. I am Spartacus!

Or maybe I am Doug?
    Last edited by oak1971; 06-27-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Lets not speculate and put the cart before the horse,

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    Lets not speculate and put the cart before the horse,
    True.

Why would WCI lose member? WCI is about carry in Wi. for the time being oc , cc will also be about WCI for there will still be a need for a true gun rights group one that will not put up with harassment of carriers by rogue or uninformed leo. Just My Opinion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast