• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Displaying Your Permit?

BROKENSPROKET

McX on FB said:
An idea proposed to us in attendance; the new permit system is coming. i propose the easiest way to have a handy precious permit, is on a lanyard, clear plastic case. might as well make room in for your license. Would look positively stunning with the WisCarry Logo on it. Hang around the neck, or breast pocket type thing. I'd buy one if the Organization sold them, maybe stock some. Your thoughts?

Check out my avatar.

M

McX

you stash it in your breast pocket, for easy access for LEO or sheeple, as needed. a suggestion of convenience is all.

Wisconsin Carry logo tells 'em who your with.

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Nah...won't happen my friends! Not when carrying concealed.

I've been carrying concealed (where legal) for almost 33 years (I'm old!) and NOT ONCE has an officer "made me" even when I was standing in front of them, in line, at China Wok. I have concealed carry in many states and never have had a single issue with anyone. Only once in all my years did a person discover I was carrying and that was when she put her arms around me and asked me what that "thing" was in my lower back.

The only time I can foresee an officer asking for a license is when we are OPEN CARRYING. We all know it is going to happen, especially if the officer(s) "think" we are in a school zone. Expect it. It will happen.

nevinsb

Anyone have a guess whether the permits are plastic like the drivers license, or a piece of paper? In any case, if they are plastic ones, it will need to stay in my wallet, because I am required to keep my ID in a lanyard around my neck. My collar is already crowded with all this other Mr T stuff I have to wear.

logables

you stash it in your breast pocket, for easy access for LEO or sheeple, as needed. a suggestion of convenience is all.

Wisconsin Carry logo tells 'em who your with.

The large majority of Wisconsin residents have no idea who wisconsin carry is nor should they. The said organization has nothing to do with a cc permit issued by the state. wisconsin carry is a non issue. My opinion.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
LOL! I Guarantee You That Every Police Agency Knows Who WCI Is. Oh Yeah!

The large majority of Wisconsin residents have no idea who wisconsin carry is nor should they. The said organization has nothing to do with a cc permit issued by the state. wisconsin carry is a non issue. My opinion.

People are mostly Sheeple and go through life with their heads buried in the sand. Those that do open their eyes and think for themselves see life as it is and not the life created for them by the government media complex.

The police do indeed know who Wisconsin Carry is and they have paid dearly over the last 18 months. Some police and police departments/cities will pay dearly in the very near future as well.

Wisconsin Carry is the ONLY organization that has stood up for our rights and has won every single lawsuit. We have made a difference and we will continue to do so.

M

McX

it is/ was a bad idea, i'll look into manufacturing one for me to meet my needs. materials i'm sure are available. i need a Wisconsin Carry logo long shoe string if anyone can help me with that. orange and black would look sharp.

littlewolf

Anyone have a guess whether the permits are plastic like the drivers license, or a piece of paper? In any case, if they are plastic ones, it will need to stay in my wallet, because I am required to keep my ID in a lanyard around my neck. My collar is already crowded with all this other Mr T stuff I have to wear.

For $50 they better be NICE !

Trip20

This is a non-issue. I hear they're going to have a state mandated bar-code tattooed on our wrists encompassing all of our state licensing information from drivers licenses, to hunting, fishing and carry licenses. How convenient!

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
For $50 they better be NICE !

The language of the law says that the Dept. of Justice may contract with the Dept. of Transportation to produce the permits. Therefore, I would expect the permit to look similar to a WI driver's license, at least in dimensions and material.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
The language of the law says that the Dept. of Justice may contract with the Dept. of Transportation to produce the permits. Therefore, I would expect the permit to look similar to a WI driver's license, at least in dimensions and material.

I heard that our driver licenses will be out sourced to california:

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/122914588.html

MILWAUKEE - Starting this fall, Wisconsin driver's license cards will no longer be printed in Wisconsin. Instead, the state will outsource the work to a company that will print the cards in California.

So it would free up for ccw permits no lines no waiting.:confused:

oak1971

No one cares what your opinion is. A fact, not opinion.

jpm84092

No way for stinkeeen badges !

My friends, if you are members of USCCA (United States Concealed Carry Association), the topic of "Concealed Weapons Permit Badges" is covered in great detail. Such badges are likely to get one cited for "impersonating a police officer" as the average person cannot read the logo on the badge but associates badges with Law Enforcement Officers. In some states, such a conviction renders one ineligible to carry a concealed firearm as the offense is a felony. In other states where it is a misdemeanor, the fact that one might be carrying on a permit may raise the offense to a "weapons offense" and thus make the person ineligible for a permit in WI.

My advice, as an instructor and long time CFP holder - NO STINKEEN BADGES! Right, McX?

Plug: If you are not members of USCCA, since USCCA is a supporter of WI Carry, you may wish to consider joining.

Yooper

I've been carrying concealed (where legal) for almost 33 years (I'm old!) and NOT ONCE has an officer "made me" even when I was standing in front of them, in line, at China Wok. I have concealed carry in many states and never have had a single issue with anyone. Only once in all my years did a person discover I was carrying and that was when she put her arms around me and asked me what that "thing" was in my lower back.

The only time I can foresee an officer asking for a license is when we are OPEN CARRYING. We all know it is going to happen, especially if the officer(s) "think" we are in a school zone. Expect it. It will happen.

I agree with you, though I've not been carrying concealed as long as you, I do have some time (10+ years) under my belt. I've never had it brought to my attention that someone knew that I was carrying....even though there were times I'm surprised nobody said anything (full size glock under a shirt that was too tight for CC).