Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealment...larger waisted pants or lose weight?

Concealment...larger waisted pants or lose weight?

Whats it gonna be...by new pants to get that firearm out of view? Or are you gonna lose weight this summer to get a 'more youthful you' and use your existing pants? :-)

My answer is yes.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    My answer is yes.
    Seconded. Yes to concealment!
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

but larger pants or thinner you? lol

Talking Well, How About Continuing To "Open Carry"?!

Once the bill becomes law I will open carry MUCH more than I do now. No more vehicle restrictions and once I get my "permit" I won't have to contend with those pesky, unconstitutional gun free school zone issues.

Now if I were to conceal carry for whatever reason and it hurts to stick my gun in the IWB holster...time for me to lose weight. (Which is true by the way!) (See Avatar!)
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 06-26-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Added comment.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Talking

Neither, Shoulder Holsters FTW!
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

D, all of the above!

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    but larger pants or thinner you? lol
    Yes

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I honestly cannot tell you until that steeeenkin permit shows up in the mail.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 06-26-2011 at 08:45 PM.

OC will still be my main means of carry. Conceal in the winter underneath my jacket, and conceal at church. Everywhere else I still intend to OC.

But you should always be in decent shape...never know too far in advance if a financial collapse is in our future.

Quote Originally Posted by smithman View Post
    OC will still be my main means of carry. Conceal in the winter underneath my jacket, and conceal at church. Everywhere else I still intend to OC.

But you should always be in decent shape...never know too far in advance if a financial collapse is in our future.
    Same sentiment here. Except after the prostests down at Madison, I have added another place to the list of place to not OC. Some liberal protestors are just brain dead.

Lmfao! Thanks for making my sunday night. I bought two reinforced blets for ccw. One in my current size and one in the size that i hope to be.

For myself, I hope to take care of it with P90X.
    Last couple of years, I was doing some sprint distance triathlons, although in spring of last year, training started to slow down when I started the remodel. I have not done any training over the winter or so far this year cause I'm still working on the remodel. Hopefully the finishing touches will be done by fall, and I'll get back into better shape with P90X, then continue training through the winter with SBR (swim, bike, run).

Hoping to get back down to size 36 from the current tight 38!

my answer is this................ftw
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I think I might give the saggy pants with the underwear hanging out. All the kids think it's cool.

How do you guys cook ribs? I found they end up more tender if you boil them before throwing them on the grill.
    Last edited by nevinsb; 06-27-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nevinsb View Post
    How do you guys cook ribs? I found they end up more tender if you boil them before throwing them on the grill.
    Lately I've been smoking them.

I've never had a problem with grilling them either, just cook them slow.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    I've always worn relaxed or loose fit jeans and found that my Crossbreed Supertuck (that I ordered last fall in anticipation of this) fits nice with my current clothes. Looser shirts may be in order though.

In other news I'll be CC'ing or OCing depending on what's comfortable at the time. Mainly CC in the winter of course and probably 50/50 in the summer.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 06-27-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    I've always worn relaxed or loose fit jeans and found that my Crossbreed Supertuck (that I ordered last fall in anticipation of this) fits nice with my current clothes. Looser shirts may be in order though.

In other news I'll be CC'ing or OCing depending on what's comfortable at the time. Mainly CC in the winter of course and probably 50/50 in the summer.
    Same here, especially now that the car restriction will be gone. Open carry is just a better option in the summer, when you don't want to be wearing heavy clothes.

Do need to lose weight, through.

Gonna be hell with 2 big guns in the pants !!!! lol
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

I've been buying clothes fit for CC for years because I've cc'd where legal for years. Not just pants, but also jackets and coats with extra room all around, plus extra length.

If you're going to use a inside the waistband holster, then get pants with 2 inches extra waist size. Works for me.

Losing weight is probably not a bad idea for most of us too!
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Quote Originally Posted by nevinsb View Post
    I think I might give the saggy pants with the underwear hanging out. All the kids think it's cool.

I just don't have the patience for a smoker, although the end result is FREEEKING AWESOME
    When i do a full rack of ribs, I Rub it down generously with some applewood rub, brown sugar & Season salt wrap it in tin foil, put in the Oven at 300 degree's for 2 hours , then remove from said Oven ..open tin foil up Add Sweet Baby rays ( Generously ) close tin foil, put on Grill - on Medium Low flames ( I use a gas grill ) for an additional 1.5 hours....................MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMM JUST FALLS OFF THE BONES, TENDER, JUICY. SWEET N TANGY......MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Anyone up for a little The Biggest Loser competition to run from July 1 to November 1?
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 06-27-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Anyone up for a little The Biggest Loser competition to run from July 1 to November 1?
    Who are you calling a loser?

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I just don't have the patience for a smoker, although the end result is FREEEKING AWESOME
    When i do a full rack of ribs, I Rub it down generously with some applewood rub, brown sugar & Season salt wrap it in tin foil, put in the Oven at 300 degree's for 2 hours , then remove from said Oven ..open tin foil up Add Sweet Baby rays ( Generously ) close tin foil, put on Grill - on Medium Low flames ( I use a gas grill ) for an additional 1.5 hours....................MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMM JUST FALLS OFF THE BONES, TENDER, JUICY. SWEET N TANGY......MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    mmmmmm

1.5 - 2.0 hours per pound. Cleaned and rubbed the night before with my award winning rib rub, then smoked on a custom UDS (look it up or go here: http://www.bbqbug.com/forums/general...-part-1-a.html) while i sit back and convert beer into
    Last edited by IcrewUH60; 06-27-2011 at 02:28 PM.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET
    a) what do we win?
    b) can we have male & female division? Men lose weight easier than women.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast