• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealment...larger waisted pants or lose weight?

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Well, How About Continuing To "Open Carry"?!

Once the bill becomes law I will open carry MUCH more than I do now. No more vehicle restrictions and once I get my "permit" I won't have to contend with those pesky, unconstitutional gun free school zone issues.

Now if I were to conceal carry for whatever reason and it hurts to stick my gun in the IWB holster...time for me to lose weight. (Which is true by the way!) (See Avatar!)

Last edited:

smithman

OC will still be my main means of carry. Conceal in the winter underneath my jacket, and conceal at church. Everywhere else I still intend to OC.

But you should always be in decent shape...never know too far in advance if a financial collapse is in our future.

BROKENSPROKET

OC will still be my main means of carry. Conceal in the winter underneath my jacket, and conceal at church. Everywhere else I still intend to OC.

But you should always be in decent shape...never know too far in advance if a financial collapse is in our future.

Same sentiment here. Except after the prostests down at Madison, I have added another place to the list of place to not OC. Some liberal protestors are just brain dead.

TyGuy

Lmfao! Thanks for making my sunday night. I bought two reinforced blets for ccw. One in my current size and one in the size that i hope to be.

rcav8r

For myself, I hope to take care of it with P90X. :)
Last couple of years, I was doing some sprint distance triathlons, although in spring of last year, training started to slow down when I started the remodel. I have not done any training over the winter or so far this year cause I'm still working on the remodel. Hopefully the finishing touches will be done by fall, and I'll get back into better shape with P90X, then continue training through the winter with SBR (swim, bike, run).

Hoping to get back down to size 36 from the current tight 38! :lol:

nevinsb

I think I might give the saggy pants with the underwear hanging out. All the kids think it's cool.

How do you guys cook ribs? I found they end up more tender if you boil them before throwing them on the grill.

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I've always worn relaxed or loose fit jeans and found that my Crossbreed Supertuck (that I ordered last fall in anticipation of this) fits nice with my current clothes. Looser shirts may be in order though.

In other news I'll be CC'ing or OCing depending on what's comfortable at the time. Mainly CC in the winter of course and probably 50/50 in the summer.

Last edited:

MadisonRebel

Campaign Veteran
I've always worn relaxed or loose fit jeans and found that my Crossbreed Supertuck (that I ordered last fall in anticipation of this) fits nice with my current clothes. Looser shirts may be in order though.

In other news I'll be CC'ing or OCing depending on what's comfortable at the time. Mainly CC in the winter of course and probably 50/50 in the summer.

Same here, especially now that the car restriction will be gone. Open carry is just a better option in the summer, when you don't want to be wearing heavy clothes.

Do need to lose weight, through. :D

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I've been buying clothes fit for CC for years because I've cc'd where legal for years. Not just pants, but also jackets and coats with extra room all around, plus extra length.

If you're going to use a inside the waistband holster, then get pants with 2 inches extra waist size. Works for me.

Losing weight is probably not a bad idea for most of us too!