• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealment...larger waisted pants or lose weight?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I think I might give the saggy pants with the underwear hanging out. All the kids think it's cool.

How do you guys cook ribs? I found they end up more tender if you boil them before throwing them on the grill.

I just don't have the patience for a smoker, although the end result is FREEEKING AWESOME :)
When i do a full rack of ribs, I Rub it down generously with some applewood rub, brown sugar & Season salt wrap it in tin foil, put in the Oven at 300 degree's for 2 hours , then remove from said Oven ..open tin foil up Add Sweet Baby rays ( Generously :) ) close tin foil, put on Grill - on Medium Low flames ( I use a gas grill ) for an additional 1.5 hours....................MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM JUST FALLS OFF THE BONES, TENDER, JUICY. SWEET N TANGY......MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

IcrewUH60

I just don't have the patience for a smoker, although the end result is FREEEKING AWESOME :)
When i do a full rack of ribs, I Rub it down generously with some applewood rub, brown sugar & Season salt wrap it in tin foil, put in the Oven at 300 degree's for 2 hours , then remove from said Oven ..open tin foil up Add Sweet Baby rays ( Generously :) ) close tin foil, put on Grill - on Medium Low flames ( I use a gas grill ) for an additional 1.5 hours....................MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM JUST FALLS OFF THE BONES, TENDER, JUICY. SWEET N TANGY......MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

mmmmmm

1.5 - 2.0 hours per pound. Cleaned and rubbed the night before with my award winning rib rub, then smoked on a custom UDS (look it up or go here: http://www.bbqbug.com/forums/general-bbq-grilling/832-our-uds-cooker-how-build-one-part-1-a.html) while i sit back and convert beer into :eek:

Last edited:

hardballer

Keep in mind that you must accommodate the gun, not the other way around. If you want to concealed carry, lose the tight fitting clothes. One doesn't have to dress in a tent but common sense dictates a looser fit. Another tip is that darker clothes are better and Hawaiian or patterned or Camo shirts are great! Anything to disrupt a clear view of a printing gun. Smaller guns are fine but I have heard of someone who has carried a full sized 1911 concealed and never had a problem, Including while conversing with Sheriff's deputies, Police, DNR, Security personnel, PI and a few other acronyms. It can be done and even professionals won't know. This while carrying in a Buffalo Holster IWB.

rcav8r

Problem with a "biggest loser" contest is that when you exercise, the muscles building up negate the weight loss. The way around this is to measure certain points of the body: chest, hips, waist, upper arm, and thigh. While you may not be losing weight, you could be losing inches. It's hard to quantify this in a contest.

Of course, if you try this through just changing your eating habits and not increased exercise, it might not apply to you.

You'd probably have to break it down into different categories: male/female, then best overall weight loss, most inches lost, most inches and # lost, etc.

Besides, I can't really get started until this remodel project is on the downhill side of things! :D

Outdoorsman1

Loosing weight here.... started way before SB-93...for health and apperance reasons...

Stared (this time) at 242... down to 227... and still going.. goal is 200 or under....(180 would be ideal)....

My heaviest weight ever was 262....

I will not have to get larger waist band pants as I will already have a few saved just for the occasion....

Outdoorsman1

HandyHamlet

Good for you Outdoorsman 1.

I have to loose some weight too. On that note... What kind of a holster are you guys using for a Speedo? My Uncle Pat's clip-on/with firearm pulls my bathing suit down below the bottom of my wife beater, making it hard to walk down the beach while macking on the hotties.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
What? I can't strut my 6'3" 240 lb. frame around in purple spandex while attempting to conceal!!!! :eek: Nooooooooo!

Did everyone throw up in their mouths a little??:lol:

What exactly are you hoping to conceal in that?

May I suggest the more slimming and "goes with everything" black spandex? It worked for Catwoman. On second thought, in her case it was designed to reveal, not conceal.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Im gonna work on my weight loss as soon as i finish this bag of chips...

i lost the contest already, after eating two orders of pretzel bites & a large Mountain Dew @ the movie Brides Maids ((( FUNNY A$$ED MOVIE !!!!!! ))) wHAT WAS EVEN FUNNier i WAS THE ONLY GUY IN THE THEATER, lol....75 women & one guy..I was laughing louder than all of them...while dripping Nacho cheese all over my shirt, Yes I left before everyone else.....:) I love to eat...screw the weight .....Eating Ribs, Steaks, Krispy cream doughnuts..is more fun that hitting the gym...

Last edited:

hardballer

Really and truly, Spandex has no business being worn by a guy, Just sayin'.... Brass, coulda gone my whole life without that image in my head... Thanks a lot. :)

Last edited:

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Perfect way to do it

I think I might give the saggy pants with the underwear hanging out. All the kids think it's cool.

How do you guys cook ribs? I found they end up more tender if you boil them before throwing them on the grill.
It was passed to me by a family friend from Texas and is now the only way to go "boil em" then "burn em" lol

Outdoorsman1

Good for you Outdoorsman 1.

I have to loose some weight too. On that note... What kind of a holster are you guys using for a Speedo? My Uncle Pat's clip-on/with firearm pulls my bathing suit down below the bottom of my wife beater, making it hard to walk down the beach while macking on the hotties.

Now thats funny...:lol:

Outdoorsman1

MKEgal

Brass Magnet said:
What? I can't strut my 6'3" 240 lb. frame around in purple spandex while attempting to conceal!!!! :eek:
As Auric suggested, it isn't so much the spandex as the color.
If you went with a camo print, that would conceal much better, don't you think? :rolleyes:

Of course, there is the argument that clashing patches of neon colors, plus a body that really should wear more than spandex, would keep someone from looking at you closely enough to see the gun even if it was OCd.

(ETA: I could do that... already have the body suit; made it for diving. No, I won't inflict it on you.)

Last edited: