• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'er spotted at Pig & Pay

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
We went to Pig and Pay this evening and I spotted a shady looking fellow with his very nice family.
IMG_0133.JPG

I had my new S&W Airlite 45ACP in my Fly fishing bag with my Taser (Both OC'ed)
IMG_0131.JPG

I couldn't figure out who it was until I left:lol:

IMG_0134.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Wonder who the shady bastard was?

LOL...I turned around to introduce you to Mrs. ProShooter and you were gone!

Give her my apologies! I was blocking the flow which can get dangerous there.:lol:

Thats cool you have a taser.

Us Redneck OC'ers are colorful.
If you had looked in the car, there was also a super Blackhawk and a 308/12ga.:lol:

Jane decided to go to the bookstore next door. That place is a magnet for homeless people. There were two camped out at one of the patio tables. I've been trying to finish a piece on the new depression for months. So I sat down and talked to them for about a half an hour. One of them looked like he was about to have a heart attack when he saw the guns and my camera.
I gave them $10 and they were a lot more cooperative.

One of them promised to take me to one of the tent cities in Henrico. I've been trying to get video there for a long time. Every time I show up the place gets empty quick.

ocholsteroc

How do you keep that bolted/safe in your car? is it a basic cheap $200 shotgun?(oh wait you said 308/12g it's a combo gun?) How often do you clean it? and does the ammo get over heated in the summer? I always wanted to have a shotgun in my trunk, but these factors make me rethink it.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
How do you keep that bolted/safe in your car? is it a basic cheap $200 shotgun?(oh wait you said 308/12g it's a combo gun?) How often do you clean it? and does the ammo get over heated in the summer? I always wanted to have a shotgun in my trunk, but these factors make me rethink it.

That's my walking around gun and goes nearly everywhere with me. I think I paid about a thousand for it, it's a Valmet. I clean ot about once a week.

I don't own a safe. Been carrying guns like this for 35 years and never had one stolen, and if I do that's what insurance is for.

Unless ammunition is loaded hot heat doesn't increase the pressure enough to be a factor. In the early days of the African colonists it was. The cordite they used was heat sensitive and the steel in the guns was not as well tempered.

That's one of the reasons African cartridges were so large. It was to keep pressures down under high heat. Modern ammunition just doesn't suffer from these extremes.

Be careful putting plastic guns and parts in a car though. I melted the grips on a little 357 Magnum I keep in the glove compartment of one of my trucks.

Last edited:

sidestreet

Yep ProShooter...,

I had to remind a U.S. Postal Inspector about that very thing one day. As irony would have it, we were at a Chinese "Pig and Pay", (as Peter Nap put it) in the West End and he was "certain" that regular folks could not legally keep a loaded shotgun in our vehicles. I told him to look it up, "it's in the book! (Code)"!

It was a very civil gathering (assorted LEA assembled, former, present), and no, the U.S.P.I. did not "go postal" on me!!!

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

wrightme

Jane decided to go to the bookstore next door. That place is a magnet for homeless people. There were two camped out at one of the patio tables. I've been trying to finish a piece on the new depression for months. So I sat down and talked to them for about a half an hour. One of them looked like he was about to have a heart attack when he saw the guns and my camera.
I gave them $10 and they were a lot more cooperative.

One of them promised to take me to one of the tent cities in Henrico. I've been trying to get video there for a long time. Every time I show up the place gets empty quick.

... Coincidence?