• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

STLToday's "Punchline" featuring OC'ers as cowboys

Superlite27

After a recent article featuring Open Carry in the St. Louis area, R.J. Matson, a St. Louis Post Dispatch political catoonist has drawn the (yawn) typical "OC'ers as cowboys" drinking coffee in Starbucks cartoon.

The cool thing is that it is in a section called "Punchline" in which readers submit captions, and Matson selects a "winner" to receive a (HOLY COW!) signed copy of the illustration with their winning caption that will be posted in the paper.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinio...cle_2d8ef398-9df1-11e0-8c92-001a4bcf6878.html

Well, after reading many typical anti-gun fearmongering comments, I have submitted a few of my own.

Anyone want to help? Who knows.....

...maybe left leaning Matson will choose your caption!

...and then monkeys will fly out of my butt.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Uhm, excuse me for being critical here of the artist work but I am kind of a stickler for accuracy.

Call me captain obvious here, but I do not see one single cowboy wearing assless chaps and did they not do it long before the motorcycle was invented?

Criminal to miss such an important mark!

mspgunner

OCcowboys.jpg

Yo dude! You talk'in abou the "old guy" 'er ya?

Last edited:

Tony4310

I just think it's funny how he depicts everyone panicing,when no one ever does lmao

I am mad abpout the no assless chaps!

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Everyday I am in Starbucks and nothing happens....
Neither does anything or anyone react in downtown Seattle, including SPD.

Howdy Amigo!
I see at least 6 cops in the photo. Was that all for you, or do LEOs in your area really enjoy their coffee too?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Howdy Amigo!
I see at least 6 cops in the photo. Was that all for you, or do LEOs in your area really enjoy their coffee too?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

They enjoy there coffee too. This was in downtown Seattle last Saturday, there was a huge parade going on so they were just doing parade duty. The police did visually check me out, however, no contact was made! It was perfect and as it should be.

www.ilovegunsandcoffee.com

Last edited: