• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pet Peeves

Badger Johnson

People who creep up slowly on your right and try to pass you while lingering in your blind spot.

So idjut did that to me and I nearly ran him off the road by accident. Only my careful method of having at least 4 cycles of the blinker to go to the right, and then slowly easing over saved him. He didn't even hit the horn, but when I looked back he was several car lengths in the rear.

However, I did discover I had a very loud collision alarm. 'B! B! B!', shouted my passenger at the top of her lungs. I scanned ahead looking for a deer about to jump in front of me, lol. Fortunately, nothing happened, no paint was chipped.

stainless1911

Banned
censorshit.

I really hate when someone else, or a .gov thinks they can pick or legislate the thoughts ideas music comments pictures or any other thing that another person wants to express. Its a form of thought control. The politician didnt write the song, nor do they have the right to re write it.

You've heard "give em an inch, they take a mile". What started as a move by the religious,(I am also a Christian), shame on them, to legislate morality by selecting a handful of bad words to "save the children" has grown into fuzzing out a t-shirt or hood ornament, and outright bans on certain material or certain people on different venues. Don't even get me started on what goes on with schools and censorshit. Censoring our own history, sciences, stories, and oh my, what if some kid wants to draw a picture of a gun?!?

Censorshit is immoral, and has gotten way out of control, at times, even here on OCDO,even though, overall, moderation here is light.

HKcarrier

IF I were a multi millionaire, I would have various ad campaigns and slogans for things that pissed me off... the first one would be "blinker before brakes"

Idiots that don't put their blinker on until they've stabbed the brake pedal and slowed to 15 miles an hour deserve to be rear ended...

If you don't put the blinker on before you put the breaks on, there's really no reason to put the blinker on.

IT IS A TURN -SIGNAL- NOT A TURN -ASSIST-.

Also not a fan of people who drive under the speed limit on a bright, sunny, dry day...

stainless1911

Banned
Bouncing off your post HK, When people have a turning lane, but insist upon slowing down before both tires cross into it completely. Step 1, turn signal, step 2, merge left, step 3, apply brakes.

I too dislike sub speed obstacles. An obstacle is something that must be overcome.

SFCRetired

People who look in their right side mirror and cut in front of you too closely when passing. What is the wording normally found on that mirror? Look at the inside rearview mirror. If you can see the other car's left front fender, you are clear to move to the right.

Non-driving pet peeve: Young men who allow their trousers to droop below their cheeks, displaying their dirty underwear for everyone to see. Looks plumb nasty. Were I a business owner, I would have a posted policy, "Either pull your pants up and keep them up or don't come in."

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
People who have been waiting in line ahead of you for ten minutes at a fast food place. Then we they get to the front they still don't know what they want and take another five minutes deciding.

zoom6zoom

People who think that every word which ends with an "S" requires the use of an apostrophe.

Using the word "less" when the correct word for the situation is "fewer".

People who open a help desk ticket that gets dropped in my lap at 6 PM. On Friday. For an issue that could have been resolved in two minutes, with no paperwork, if they had just called me directly.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

People who ride the bus every day, use it as their primary form of transportation, have done so for years, and so are quite familiar with the system and general schedule... who stare at the posted schedule at the bus stop for five minutes before I pull up, then ask me "What bus is this? Where do you go? How do I get to XXXX? When does bus YYY come?"
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

People who think that driving slower is safer, then hit the brakes trying to cause an accident, and then blame it on the other person because someone is following them too close.

Driving slower IS safer, if only because it increases one's margin for error and reduces distance traveled vs. reaction time. This does not excuse people who SLAM (vs TAP) their brakes to intentionally cause an accident. But if you maintain adequate following distance, this will not apply to you, since you will have ample time to react. ;)

..and speaking of following distance... people who think 60,000 pounds of speeding bus can stop on a time, so it's not rude in the slightest to cut in front of said bus, slam on their brakes, and turn right.
9.gif

stainless1911

Banned
Non-driving pet peeve: Young men who allow their trousers to droop below their cheeks, displaying their dirty underwear for everyone to see. Looks plumb nasty. Were I a business owner, I would have a posted policy, "Either pull your pants up and keep them up or don't come in."

+1. At least it keeps thier hands off other peoples property while holding up thier pants.

Metalhead. Slower isnt safer, makes you laxed. On the highway, it makes you tired, and pisses people off. Nothing safer than a bunch of tired ornery drivers all bunched up close together eh? People do not slow down to gain following distance when the person ahead of them is slacking. Never have, never will.

Nevada carrier

Nightclubs, and the douche bags who frequent them.

I have to deal with this scourge on a nightly basis as these idiots come and go from the club in the hotel I work in. Most think that they are somehow better than the rest of us because they pay $500 for a bottle of booze they could have gotten at Smiths for $25. Get a real haircut, put your collar down, take off the sun glasses when the sun is down and you're indoors and what ever you do, don't think you are better to me when you can't see that the total of three cards is greater than 21.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman

People who slow down a half mile before they get to the off-ramp.

Loud cell phone talkers in restaurants.

Showing my ID to buy booze when I'm over 40.

Telemarketers.

People who are constantly late.

Newspeople who refer to an individual soldier as "troop".

Poor grammar, incorrect punctuation and misspelled words.

carry for myself

People in really big 4x4 trucks, in a blizzard, who think everyone can do 65 in a 35 like them. Heck I drive a subaru WRK STI. Yes its awd.....but come on!

Non driving:..........people that ask "is that a real gun?" NO I just carry a squirt gun incase I need to water a plant!?