Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC will get signed a little after July 4th!

Talking CC will get signed a little after July 4th!

Gov Walker was on channel 4 news and he said CC bill will get signed a little after July 4th.

The day Gov Walker signs that bill will be a glorious day for Wisconsin.

On another note; I was working a bike race with a couple of LEO's Sunday. Asked them their opinion on CCW. They were all for it. They stated that it was a long time coming. The Western side of Wisconsin should have an easy transition. Sorry for you Milwaukee and , really sorry for the Mad town LEO sore losers. You eastern LEO's could take a lesson from the LEO's on the western side of the state.

JJC

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockface View Post
    Gov Walker was on channel 4 news and he said CC bill will get signed a little after July 4th.
    He should sign it ON July 4th to take advantage of that symbolism....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    He should sign it ON July 4th to take advantage of that symbolism....
    i second that motion

can i get a third
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

He should really sign it today and get it over with.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by logables View Post
    He does not have to sign it at all, his perogative. My opinion.
    Your opinion means nothing to me.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

As long as he signs it before July 16th, the effective date will be Nov.1st, same as if he signed it today or tomorrow (no way will the Sec of State "rush" the publication to get it done by the end of June). If he signs after the 16th, and Sec of State takes the full 10 days, it would be delayed to begin on Dec.1st.

Worst case scenario, bill gets sent to Walker no later than Aug 4th*, signed on 6th day after, or Aug 11th at latest, published no later than Aug. 25th. Law will start on either Nov or Dec 1st. Only a veto would upset this timetable.

* Legislature's schedule states that ALL enrolled bills not yet signed are sent to governor on Aug 4th, no later.

According to this interview (at 2:26) he does indicate that he will sign it after 4July2011.
    http://www.todaystmj4.com/

X100

As long as he signs it before July 16th, the effective date will be Nov.1st, same as if he signed it today or tomorrow
    Then I suppose signing the Bill ASAP is a moot point...

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

McX
    Permits and Caste by Christmas (?)

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Permits and Caste by Christmas (?)
    Very possible, or even sooner. SB79 and AB69 have both had public hearings. Now they just need to bring them up in Executive Session of the Committees to ammend them and then send them to the floor.

If Walker signed Castle/Stand Yer Ground into law by November 5, we could have taht and our permits pretty much at the same time.

With SB93 and Stand Your Ground Doctirne, citizens will really be able to take back thier communities and drasitcally reduce crime.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 06-27-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Very possible, or even sooner. SB79 and AB69 have both had public hearings. Now they just need to bring them up in Executive Session of the Committees to ammend them and then send them to the floor.

If Walker signed Castle/Stand Yer Ground into law by November 5, we could have taht and our permits pretty much at the same time.

With SB93 and Stand Your Ground Doctirne, citizens will really be able to take back thier communities and drasitcally reduce crime.
    Are you saying police presence isn't doing anything?

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Patience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfH...=LL3rGbgcZZYDk

I would love the symbolism of a July 4 signing, but being a mojor holiday, that would not be feasible. I bet he speaks of the Indepenced of our Nation at the signing. There might even be fireworks.

Patience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfH...=LL3rGbgcZZYDk

I would love the symbolism of a July 4 signing, but being a mojor holiday, that would not be feasible. I bet he speaks of the Indepenced of our Nation at the signing. There might even be fireworks.
    I have no patients. I'm not a doctor.

Excellent production value of that video.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by Glockface
    Quote Originally Posted by davegran
    He should sign it ON July 4th to take advantage of that symbolism...
    I agree, but don't think it will happen.
    As long as it's in July...
    Party the day it's signed, party the day it takes effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

At the rate Walker is going, the 6 days will be up and it will become law with out his signature.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    i second that motion

can i get a third
    (raises hand) "Third!"
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

Whenever it takes effect, the time between now and then is going to feel like the longest wait of my life. I can't stop thinking about it.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomir View Post
    At the rate Walker is going, the 6 days will be up and it will become law with out his signature.
    The 6 day clock doesn't start until it is sent to him. Technically it is still in the Senate so not yet. The Senate won't send it until Walker asks for it or August 4, whichever comes 1st.

I would have been waiting outside the Assembly doors and signed it immediately after the vote.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    I would have been waiting outside the Assembly doors and signed it immediately after the vote.
    Auric Gold for Governor.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 06-27-2011 at 11:36 PM.

He should sign it on July 4th in my Backyard @ 9:45 pm after he signs it we shoot of some seriously illegal fireworks !!!! Then Party with strippers & Tequila until the we hours.....Yeah...let's get the Gov pi$$ed up Lap dances for everyone WOO HOOOO !!!!
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Auric Gold for Governor.
    he has my vote
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast