• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC will get signed a little after July 4th!

Glockface

Gov Walker was on channel 4 news and he said CC bill will get signed a little after July 4th.

JJC

The day Gov Walker signs that bill will be a glorious day for Wisconsin.

On another note; I was working a bike race with a couple of LEO's Sunday. Asked them their opinion on CCW. They were all for it. They stated that it was a long time coming. The Western side of Wisconsin should have an easy transition. Sorry for you Milwaukee and , really sorry for the Mad town LEO sore losers. You eastern LEO's could take a lesson from the LEO's on the western side of the state.

JJC

safcrkr

As long as he signs it before July 16th, the effective date will be Nov.1st, same as if he signed it today or tomorrow (no way will the Sec of State "rush" the publication to get it done by the end of June). If he signs after the 16th, and Sec of State takes the full 10 days, it would be delayed to begin on Dec.1st.

Worst case scenario, bill gets sent to Walker no later than Aug 4th*, signed on 6th day after, or Aug 11th at latest, published no later than Aug. 25th. Law will start on either Nov or Dec 1st. Only a veto would upset this timetable.

* Legislature's schedule states that ALL enrolled bills not yet signed are sent to governor on Aug 4th, no later.

BROKENSPROKET

Permits and Caste by Christmas (?)

Very possible, or even sooner. SB79 and AB69 have both had public hearings. Now they just need to bring them up in Executive Session of the Committees to ammend them and then send them to the floor.

If Walker signed Castle/Stand Yer Ground into law by November 5, we could have taht and our permits pretty much at the same time.

With SB93 and Stand Your Ground Doctirne, citizens will really be able to take back thier communities and drasitcally reduce crime.

Last edited:

protias

Very possible, or even sooner. SB79 and AB69 have both had public hearings. Now they just need to bring them up in Executive Session of the Committees to ammend them and then send them to the floor.

If Walker signed Castle/Stand Yer Ground into law by November 5, we could have taht and our permits pretty much at the same time.

With SB93 and Stand Your Ground Doctirne, citizens will really be able to take back thier communities and drasitcally reduce crime.
Are you saying police presence isn't doing anything?
smiley-rofl.gif
:(

MKEgal

Glockface said:
Gov Walker was on channel 4 news and he said CC bill will get signed a little after July 4th.
davegran said:
He should sign it ON July 4th to take advantage of that symbolism...
I agree, but don't think it will happen.
As long as it's in July...
Party the day it's signed, party the day it takes effect. :banana: :monkey