Thread: Meridan Township???

Meridan Township???

I was OCing in Mason Meijer's, and a gentleman approached me and was asking about OC. During our conversation, he asked if I'd ever been to Meridan Township, which I have. He had been told/heard that the prosecutor would go after OCers on the premise that the holster partially obscures the pistol, thus making it concealed.

I was curious if anyone else has heard this before, or not.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Doubtful since Townships don't have Prosecutors... only Counties do in MI.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

is this the same place the couple was making out in a car in the woods and heard on the radio that an escaped convict killer with a hook hand was on the loose in that area so they decided to leave and when they got home they saw the hook arm hanging off of their car door?

my guess - urban legend on the prosecutor

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    is this the same place the couple was making out in a car in the woods and heard on the radio that an escaped convict killer with a hook hand was on the loose in that area so they decided to leave and when they got home they saw the hook arm hanging off of their car door?

my guess - urban legend on the prosecutor
    Ummmm....

Before folks convicted of a crime (a .. convict...) are locked up in jail/prison aren't they first........

disarmed?

Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

I was told by an officer with GRPD that my holster made my pistol 'partially' concealed. I laughed at him much as I am laughing now
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Well it wouldn't surprise me being that Meridian Twp is NAZIS about most anything else... building codes... inspections... permits... fees... etc...

+1 on the "meridian township prosecutor"... wha!?!?

dang, looks like i'll have to get one of these now so im not carrying "concealed".

I'm sorely tempted to make a holster out of clear Lexan.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    Doubtful since Townships don't have Prosecutors... only Counties do in MI.
    They have township attorneys that prosecute misdemeanor local ordinances. But since we have preemption, etc. What would the charge be?
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    They have township attorneys that prosecute misdemeanor local ordinances. But since we have preemption, etc. What would the charge be?
    Township attorneys can only SUE civilly they cannot prosecute either civil or otherwise.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Well, I had some doubt about the veracity of the story anyway. I've OCed in Meridan Township a few times, and never had any problems. But I was just curious if anyone else had heard anything like what I was told.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Got a name for this holster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigun View Post
    dang, looks like i'll have to get one of these now so im not carrying "concealed".

"Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

There are several makers of these types of holsters. I have seen them called ghost, micro, speed, IPSC, etc. holsters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL1D6Qi1KaU

ETA: the trigger guard is still concealed and since the trigger guard is part of the frame and the frame is considered to be the actual firearm....

Bronson
    Last edited by Bronson; 06-29-2011 at 02:25 AM.
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Township attorneys can only SUE civilly they cannot prosecute either civil or otherwise.
    Funny ours can. Seems they like to prosecute those silly ordinances the Co. prosecutor can't. Bath Township has two attorneys, one for drafting ordinances and conducting township business and another to prosecute local ordinances. Some jurisdictions don't have ordinances or don't have there own criminal attorney.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Then why did I testify in a court in Wayne County where the subject was tried and convicted of assault. The prosecutor worked for a small lawfirm who was contracted by the city to prosecute misdemeanors and civil infractions... And she had nothing to do with civil cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Then why did I testify in a court in Wayne County where the subject was tried and convicted of assault. The prosecutor worked for a small lawfirm who was contracted by the city to prosecute misdemeanors and civil infractions... And she had nothing to do with civil cases.
    And there is the key contracted as a prosecutor. Most municipalities over on the west side do not do this.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I'm sorely tempted to make a holster out of clear Lexan.

Bronson
    Get idea! I think I'll give it a try.

Then watch these mental midgets wiggle around trying come up with a way that a clear holster obscures the view of a pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    Get idea! I think I'll give it a try.

Then watch these mental midgets wiggle around trying come up with a way that a clear holster obscures the view of a pistol
    I've done some vacuum forming of Lexan and you need to dry it before you form it because it will absorb moisture from the air. If you form it without drying it the moisture will cause bubbles in the plastic.

Also, you need to move quickly from the heat to the forming process. It loses its fluidity very quickly so you have to move fast.

http://www.vitroamerica.com/pdf/LEXA...Guidelines.pdf

Bronson
    Last edited by Bronson; 07-08-2011 at 04:13 AM.