• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriff investigating Wisconsin court choking incident

HandyHamlet

The whole bench should do the right thing and just step down.

:banghead:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...urt-choking-incident-20110627,0,4985403.story

Associated Press

3:21 p.m. CDT, June 27, 2011

MADISON, Wis. --A fight between Wisconsin's divided Supreme Court justices led Monday to a criminal investigation and calls from the governor and others to resolve longstanding differences and restore public confidence in the institution.

Liberal Justice Ann Walsh Bradley told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that conservative Justice David Prosser tried to choke her during an argument in her state Capitol office on June 13, the day before the court handed down a decision upholding a new law that eliminates most public employees' collective bargaining rights. Prosser has denied the allegations.

Dane County Sheriff David Mahoney said his office has opened an investigation into the incident at the request of Capitol Police Chief Charles Tubbs, whose agency had original jurisdiction because the argument allegedly took place in the Capitol building.

oak1971

I think she's lying. She is a liberal after all. Besides if he were to choke her, he probably wouldn't have been able to stop until she assumed room temperature.

HandyHamlet

I think she's lying. She is a liberal after all. Besides if he were to choke her, he probably wouldn't have been able to stop until she assumed room temperature.

Of course. But it doesn't change the fact that they, scratch that, WE are paying a Chicago based mediation firm to stop this crap every time the two are in the same room.

It is disgraceful, unprofessional, and costing us money.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2011/06/27/tensions-run-high-very-high-at-wisconsin-supreme-court/
And there’s this: When the justices on the court meet to discuss cases they sometimes begin with a strange ritual. N. Patrick Crooks, a veteran of the court, told the Law Blog that he will pull out a newspaper and do a dramatic reading of his colleagues’ horoscopes. He said it’s a strategy designed to lighten the mood on the court.

Maybe they should all just choke each other out at once and be done with it.

Last edited:

oak1971

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Or maybe they should just get a room and be done with it. I see a sitcom with Charlie Sheen in the works.

Last edited:

rimmer

I'd never trust the liberal. Its to bad the Democrats can't get over that we HATE THEM. They remind me of Mosquitoes. The only way to get rid of them is to poison them or to just smash them.
oscar

Wolf1477

Screw it, they're public officials, they can either start acting right or they can go away. Either that or we start putting cameras up in every public official's office and monitor them.

They want to act like a bunch of spoiled 2 year olds I say we treat 'em like they are, full time supervision. Who knows, maybe then we can pay 'em in Graham Crackers, Mac & Cheese, and Gummi Bears...at least we'd (the tax payers) could save some money.

logables

Screw it, they're public officials, they can either start acting right or they can go away. Either that or we start putting cameras up in every public official's office and monitor them.

They want to act like a bunch of spoiled 2 year olds I say we treat 'em like they are, full time supervision. Who knows, maybe then we can pay 'em in Graham Crackers, Mac & Cheese, and Gummi Bears...at least we'd (the tax payers) could save some money.

It is quite obvious you are not that well informed about the WSSC. My opinion.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
More Details Emerge in Wisconsin’s ‘Chokegate’

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...rge-wisconsin-s-chokegate-christian-schneider

Lede:

With the Wisconsin Supreme Court devolving into a storyline only Vince McMahon could love, rumors are still swirling about what actually happened when two justices engaged in a physical confrontation behind closed doors on June 13. Justice Ann Walsh Bradley claims Justice David Prosser “choked” her. Prosser denies he choked Bradley, and claims she initiated physical contact. In the past two days, multiple sources with first-hand knowledge of the incident have been able to provide more details as to what exactly happened behind closed chamber doors.

Wolf1477

It is quite obvious you are not that well informed about the WSSC. My opinion.

I'm actually quite well versed in how the government works, thank you.

And your "opinion" is worth to me exactly what I paid for it. Fairly typical example of an Edgerton citizen, haven't met one yet that's worth the time to talk to.

Enjoy your stay in "Ignoreville, USA", population: you.

XD40-OD

Campaign Veteran

And your "opinion" is worth to me exactly what I paid for it. Fairly typical example of an Edgerton citizen, haven't met one yet that's worth the time to talk to.

Oh Snap

logables

Where exactly is this Ignoreville, I would love to visit you in your hometown. My opinion.

HandyHamlet

s_full-moon-300x225.jpg

Google is your friend. My hardline opinion.

Last edited: