• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Littleton?

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I was in Littleton today. Don't recall seeing any commentary on how open carriers are viewed in that town. Anybody got any experience OC in Littleton?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
Thanks for the response. Just out of curiosity, have you ever been approached by a LEO regarding your OC?

Glad to know that Littleton is okay with OC. Next time I'll know.
Thanks again!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

I've been approached by LEO in Aurora for OCing. At least the cops knew that OC was legal but they "discouraged" its practice.

Howdy Again!
I haven't been approached by Aurora LEO's, but a few of them have seen me OC'ing around town.

If they were to try to "discourage" the practice, I'd remind them that I was defenseless when robbed at gunpoint in Aurora. When the chips were down, there wasn't a cop between me and Europe. Oh, they did a wonderful job of showing up at the office later and taking a report, but at the moment of peril, were nowhere to be seen. Not their fault, and I ain't blaming Aurora PD in the least little bit. They are wonderful and dedicated folks. But they can't be everywhere at all times either.

So unless they can assure my protection, the responsibility falls to me. That gunman may well have fired regardless of any cooperation on my part. I disliked being in that position then, and I dislike it moreso still today. So in a very real sense, I already got discouraged from being unarmed because of bitter personal experience. Any subsequent discouragement against open carrying pales in contrast. I'll take responsibility for defending my own life, especially when there ain't a cop between me and Europe when the chips are down!

Thanks for your response!
Blessings,
M-Taliesin