• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

email sent to Governor Walker

jrclen

It's time to sign the bill Governor. There is no need to pander to the left. Chief Flynn is nothing more than an anti Second Amendment crybaby. We have thousands of unused laws pertaining to criminals. This new felony will be used against other wise law abiding citizens, not against the criminals. Perhaps an abused woman who must carry some particular night to protect her life or the lives of her children. I can assure you, it will not be used against the muggers and murderers running amok in our society. Please stop playing politics and sign the bill as you promised us you would if we elected you.
Respectfully
My name and address

IMHO we need to light a fire under this guy.

BROKENSPROKET

This new felony will be used against other wise law abiding citizens, not against the criminals.

Have you even read SB131 or do you just believe the BS people tell you. It makes straw-purchase a state felony to mirror fedreral law. It also make it a felony for a felon to carry a concealed weipon. Ad if that felony is a violent felony, then there is a minimum 3 years imprisonment on a bifurcated sentence.

For the otherwise law-abiding citizen who does not have a permit, it is a Class A Misdemeanor at it always has been. SB131 does not change that at all.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Please stop playing politics and sign the bill as you promised us you would if we elected you.

Good luck with that. He just admitted he lied.

imported from another thread:
On WTMJ news this morning Governor Walker said he would sign the concealed carry bill sometime shortly after July 4th. He stated that Sen. Darling [R-River Hills] was introducing another bill to stiffen penalties for felons who carry guns. He went on to say that he held out for training to be added to the bill.

The story is located http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/124591819.html but you must watch the video to hear him talk about the date. It is not mentioned in the printed version.

This means the DOJ will not be required to start issuing permits until November 1st 2011.

Last edited: