• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Salinas PD needs new hiring porocedures with all the arrested cops.

Yaki

A cop was arrested on 3 felonies involving stealing 40,000.00 from his own mom. She reported him and he was charged. Yesterday he pled to a misdemeanor and got off with 1 year probabtion and retired from the force with a 28,000/00 payout (tax payer money great). He wrote his mom a check for 30,000.00 which she quickly deposited.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/28371735/detail.html

We had an incident where a young couple were sitting in thier suv and during the stop one cop yelled gun and opened fire causing the other officer to open fire.
Needless to say he was charged for that and kiewing on his report. The other officer wasn't charged as he was responding to the first cop.
Again tax payer bailout when the lawsuit followed (rightfully so).

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/1...lice-officer-will-face-a-jury?redirected=true

Down the road from Salinas a Seaside a cop was charged with 2 counts of secual assult (16 felonies in all) women while on duty. The pull you over and assult you routine. He will be going to trial soon as i think at least 3 women have come forewad.
That money willbe coming from the pockets of seaside residents.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/mar/16/seaside-police-officer-accused-of-assaulting-women/

A different officer from the SPD was charged with child molestation link below.

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/1...rrested-for-child-molestation?redirected=true

I post this because the victems had their rights violated. Which ties into having the right to not speak to cops, the right to bear arms, see how i tied it in :p

Don Tomas

Wow! It's utterly amazing. Yet, there are good, decent and honest people who are routinely rejected for employment by law enforcement agencies. This just happened to a friend of mine, now he's on a different path to become an EMT.

DWCook

Activist Member
I have had several friends of mine rejected employment with 2 police departments even though they have a zero record and nothing excessive traffic wise. One of my buddys was explained because of his heavily involvement with shootings and combat wise where they felt he was mentally unable to withstand the stress of being a LEO. I call that BS considering he's doing Federal Armed Security at the moment where he can pretty much do everything minus give charges.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Yet, there are good, decent and honest people who are routinely rejected for employment by law enforcement agencies.

I'm one of them.

After seeing the beast from the inside; there is no such thing as paranoid enough. They have openly declared war on anyone who isn't wearing their uniform.

sudden valley gunner

Yaki,

Good posts, if more people would search they would find that there are many cases like this even in their own locality not just the big stuff that hits the news. I also suggest people find out who the "Brady" cops are in their area. (cops who lie or are misleading on police reports, a felony never prosecuted).

I have family in Seaside and almost came down that way this weekend. If I make it down someday want to meet for coffee?

Yaki

Yaki,

Good posts, if more people would search they would find that there are many cases like this even in their own locality not just the big stuff that hits the news. I also suggest people find out who the "Brady" cops are in their area. (cops who lie or are misleading on police reports, a felony never prosecuted).

I have family in Seaside and almost came down that way this weekend. If I make it down someday want to meet for coffee?

Never drank coffee but we can shoot the **** while you do haha.. Let me know whenever you get out here..

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Rejectees often bitterly see nefarious intent on the part of the rejecters. It is psychologically easier to accept that the reason for rejection is external and not internal.

Presumptive douche-bags often like to build Straw Men to set ablaze...

I left. It's well documented. I believe you can even FOIA it... Find some Facts. Screw off.

eye95

No need to go through any FOIA hassle. Just search this site for previously posted accounts, assuming they still exist unedited. Moving on.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
No need to go through any FOIA hassle. Just search this site for previously posted accounts, assuming they still exist unedited. Moving on.

Wouldn't want to do any fact-finding...

My posts on the subject remain.

You know everything. Especially the stuff you don't know...

okboomer

Yaki,

And DA's too ... I had to back my local one down over a gun issue several years ago, and watching what happened during the Erskland trial in OKC, I wouldn't want to have to deal with that DA over any gun issue!