Thread: New Pa Resident needs help with the laws...

New Pa Resident needs help with the laws...

Hi there, I'm moving from Va to Pittsburgh Pa this friday. I have always been a avid fan of OC even though i do have my CWP. i am still a Va resident just attending school at Pennsylvania Gunsmith School. Can you guys tell me the do's and do not's of open and conceal carry in Pa?

Too much to type.

Start here... http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html

And then this... http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...re-you-do.html

That should get you off to a good start.
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

Also, come check out http://forum.pafoa.org

We are also having a Pittsburgh cookout in mid August. You're more than welcome to come by and meet some of your new neighbors!

The picnic link is here:

http://forum.pafoa.org/pittsburgh-re...ut-picnic.html
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

our laws are close ennough to yours that it should be easy to remember them. plus, your VA license is good here, until you establish residency here, no matter what any ********* DA from Philly thinks. once you're a resident, though, you'll need to get a PA LTCF.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    . plus, your VA license is good here, until you establish residency here, no matter what any ********* DA from Philly thinks. once you're a resident, though, you'll need to get a PA LTCF.
    You seem to be agreeing with that ********* DA.... ???

VA license is good even after establishing residency....

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    You seem to be agreeing with that ********* DA.... ???

VA license is good even after establishing residency....
    i'm not sure about that. PA is one of those states that don't recognize dual residency, or at least makes it very difficult. once my parents received their PA driver's ID, their NY ones become null and void. a non-resident VA license would be good in PA, but i'm not sure a VA resident license would be considered viable for a PA resident, or vice versa.

of course, a VA resident with a FL or UT permit would be fine. again, i'm no lawyer, or even a paralegal. until someone actually posts the statute pertaining to this, and proves me wrong, i'm going to assume i'm correct, because safe is better than sorry.

and to the person who proves me wrong, i owe you a beer the next time you're in my area.
    Last edited by jahwarrior72; 07-07-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Regular Member Dennis Brady III's Avatar
    Springfield XDM 3.8 9mm

Volunteer Firefighter

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i'm not sure about that. PA is one of those states that don't recognize dual residency, or at least makes it very difficult. once my parents received their PA driver's ID, their NY ones become null and void. a non-resident VA license would be good in PA, but i'm not sure a VA resident license would be considered viable for a PA resident, or vice versa.

of course, a VA resident with a FL or UT permit would be fine. again, i'm no lawyer, or even a paralegal. until someone actually posts the statute pertaining to this, and proves me wrong, i'm going to assume i'm correct, because safe is better than sorry.

and to the person who proves me wrong, i owe you a beer the next time you're in my area.
    I don't have one...does VA make a distinction between Resident and Non on the permit...other than the address?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I don't have one...does VA make a distinction between Resident and Non on the permit...other than the address?

i don't know either...NO BEER FOR YOU.