Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SB93 As it sits on Walker's desk?

SB93 As it sits on Walker's desk?

I am wondering if anyone out there knows the link to the amended version of SB93 with the training provisions and all of that. Basically the bill as it sits on Walker's desk.

I had a good friend that is looking to start something great for WCI members. And before I can get it worked out I need a complete copy of the bill as it is now. Thanks for any help.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    I am wondering if anyone out there knows the link to the amended version of SB93 with the training provisions and all of that. Basically the bill as it sits on Walker's desk.

I had a good friend that is looking to start something great for WCI members. And before I can get it worked out I need a complete copy of the bill as it is now. Thanks for any help.
    Here's the version as enrolled:

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/201.../enrolled/sb93
    Last edited by Teej; 06-28-2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Came off looking snarky.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.
    Calico Jack Defense

Side note...they're using some goofy dhtml or something so that it doesn't load all the way. Gotta scroll to the bottom about 30 times before you cut & paste if that's what you're intending.

Loading the page and doing a 'select all' won't do it. Can't even 'search' the whole document until you scroll all the way down.

Also available as PDF

I got what I was looking for, I only needed a section out of it. And it took me a few, but I got it. I appreciate the help.
    Calico Jack Defense

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Here is a PDF https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/201...olled/sb93.pdf and a slight correction. It is NOT on Walkers desk. It is still in the Senate. The way it works is that the Clerk of the Senate will send it over to the Governor either when Walker asks for it or August 4, whichever is earlier. That is when the 6 day timer starts.

Quote Originally Posted by paul
    a slight correction. It is NOT on Walkers desk. It is still in the Senate. The way it works is that the Clerk of the Senate will send it over to the Governor either when Walker asks for it or August 4, whichever is earlier. That is when the 6 day timer starts.
    WHAT??
    I thought the Assembly voted to send it to Walker?
    So we need to be emailing him to get him to "ask for it", so it can be signed, so it can wait the full 10 days to be published, & still be in July, so it takes effect 01NOV.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    WHAT??
    So we need to be emailing him to get him to "ask for it", so it can be signed, so it can wait the full 10 days to be published, & still be in July, so it takes effect 01NOV.
    I believe as long as he signs it by July 16th we are good. The interview I heard with him, he said 'after the 4th', I read it as 'shortly after the 4th'.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    I believe as long as he signs it by July 16th we are good. The interview I heard with him, he said 'after the 4th', I read it as 'shortly after the 4th'.
    Signing it on the 4th, if he's in his office, would be epic if you ask me.

Patriotism at its finest
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    WHAT??
    I've posted on this repeatedly. It wasn't in the Assembly's jurisdiction to send it to Walker. It was a Senate bill.

It was messaged back to the Senate as concurred, and "enrolled" in the list of passed legislation. It is not "On Walker's desk" until they formally submit it, which hasn't happened. That will happen either when he asks for it or on August 4th, whichever comes first. (and it certainly looks like it'll be in the next few days so that he can sign it "shortly after 7/4".)

The "6 days" doesn't start until the Senate submits it to him.
    Last edited by Teej; 06-29-2011 at 11:45 AM.

I think he is playing games. It would not take that much to get his signature on it like he promised. This has been more than 16 years in the making, and making us wait 4 months is insulting enough, not to mention having to wait until he gets around to it. He doesn't seem to realize that this is the primary issue that got him elected, and now he is pandering to the ones that would see this bill die. I think that we need to send a clear message to him that says he is in the same boat as those we demanded actions of during the creation and voting on this bill.

But when we do, we have to do it peacefully and without backing down. It is our state, not the politicians. Though we thought we had made it clear to them that we have the power to take their position from them, odviously there are some that didn't get the message. I said the fight was not over, and I was rite. Don't give up yet.
    Calico Jack Defense

.....He doesn't seem to realize that this is the primary issue that got him elected, ....
    Really? I would of voted for him over Barrett even if he said he would veto ANY carry bill. Having him say he would sign ANY concealed carry bill that hit is desk was just a bonus.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    I've been reading through the bill again and man that thing is a mess. Of course it's mostly a mess because the statutes it's "fixing" are a mess too. I just don't understand why they couldn't have their silly permit and still repeal most of that crap. Ugh...
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Really? Having him say he would sign ANY concealed carry bill that hit is desk was just a bonus.
    It wasn't a "bonus" in my book. Where I come from that is called a lie. A big fat one too considering how important this bill is to the voters. And him gloating about it on TV is totally gauche. He is supposed to look directly at the camera and say " I had NOTHING to do with the changes to the bill" with a straight face. At least that's how a REAL politician would do it. My hardline opinion.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 06-29-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    It wasn't a "bonus" in my book. Where I come from that is called a lie. A big fat one too considering how important this bill is to the voters.
    I believe you misunderstood my statement. I meant from day one, not if he changed his tune. If, for example, he vetoes it or changes it in any detrimental way, I will consider it a lie as well.

Beware the line-veto!
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

I think he is playing games. It would not take that much to get his signature on it like he promised. This has been more than 16 years in the making, and making us wait 4 months is insulting enough, not to mention having to wait until he gets around to it. He doesn't seem to realize that this is the primary issue that got him elected, and now he is pandering to the ones that would see this bill die. I think that we need to send a clear message to him that says he is in the same boat as those we demanded actions of during the creation and voting on this bill.

But when we do, we have to do it peacefully and without backing down. It is our state, not the politicians. Though we thought we had made it clear to them that we have the power to take their position from them, odviously there are some that didn't get the message. I said the fight was not over, and I was rite. Don't give up yet.
    He will sign the bill. That's the bottom line. You waited 16 years to get a governor who believes in the Constitution and individuals' liberties. Kind of dumb to knock him three days after the bill was enrolled. It's probably not even printed in final format yet. Would you have preferred the pos democrap be governor? Or the ******* you had before? I suggest you count your blessings, not carp about nit nois when you finally have someone who treats you like citizens, not subjects. Take a look south. That seem better?
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 06-29-2011 at 01:11 PM.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Beware the line-veto!
    This isn't an appropriations bill.

Appropriations means spending bill. Budget bill. not just a bill that has a fiscal component.

OK folks, we all seem to be in a frenzy. We need to calm down.

Here is an example of a bill that was passed by both houses and then line item vetoed by the governor. This is the budget bill. https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/proposals/ab40

Notice, it has a line that says "Presented to the Governor on 6-24-2011"

Look at SB93. https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/proposals/sb93

The last line so far says "Report correctly enrolled on 6-23-2011", so, it hasn't been presented. As people keep saying, the way things work in WI is that it isn't sent to the Governor unless the Governor asks for it or hits the scheduled date for bills to be sent. In this case, according to http://legis.wisconsin.gov/leginfo/session.htm the next time stuff is scheduled to be sent is August 4, 2011. I would ASSuME Walker will ask for it before then. When it gets sent, that is when the 6 day counter starts.

Reading a vast conspiracy into this is counter productive and makes us look like loons. While I wanted it signed the day he took office, government is generally slow.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

The last line so far says "Report correctly enrolled on 6-23-2011", so, it hasn't been presented. As people keep saying, the way things work in WI is that it isn't sent to the Governor unless the Governor asks for it or hits the scheduled date for bills to be sent. In this case, according to http://legis.wisconsin.gov/leginfo/session.htm the next time stuff is scheduled to be sent is August 4, 2011. I would ASSuME Walker will ask for it before then. When it gets sent, that is when the 6 day counter starts.

I understood him to say that he would sign it shortly after July 4th. Is that a false quote?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    I understood him to say that he would sign it shortly after July 4th. Is that a false quote?
    No, I personally heard the interview. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't read stuff into it and assume because it isn't signed yet that there is a problem.

Also, I do believe that, as others have said, that he can't line item veto the bill. It's an all or nothing.

McX
    sits there much longer it may begin to rust.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    It wasn't a "bonus" in my book. Where I come from that is called a lie. A big fat one too considering how important this bill is to the voters. And him gloating about it on TV is totally gauche. He is supposed to look directly at the camera and say " I had NOTHING to do with the changes to the bill" with a straight face. At least that's how a REAL politician would do it. My hardline opinion.
    I guess I would have to hear the exact words of what he said in the campaign. But, from my interpretation of his words, he's not really lying. He said he would SIGN any carry bill that came to his desk. And, from all appearances, he will. However, he simply preferred the bill to have training in it. He probably meant something to this effect: "Yes, I'll sign any bill that comes my way; but, I really want the bill to have training in it." What he would SIGN and what he PREFERS and would actively support are two slightly different things.

Don't get me wrong. I would have preferred for him to actively support a constitutional carry bill myself (since having more constitutional states might convince my legislators down here to support one in 2012 as well). But, I don't think his words merit an accusation of lying. Not telling the entire story, perhaps, but not lying.

Also, I do believe that, as others have said, that he can't line item veto the bill. It's an all or nothing.
    I don't know how it works, but someone said that the Governor can only line-item veto bills that make appropriations and this one does make appropriatins to pay for the program, then when OUR license fees come in, the program is supposed to repay the appropriation. So, IDK know what can happen.

From the cards he as show so far, I could see him line-item veto any number of things.

Here is a plainer write-up about the Governors veto power.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lrb/gw/gw_5.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast