Thread: Allen County Library Violating Senate Bill 292!

Allen County Library Violating Senate Bill 292!

The Allen County Library is Violating Senate Bill 292!

The New Policy Directs Persons to either Present a License, or Leave.

While This is Legal for Handguns, however; This New Policy is Illegal for other Types of Firearms or Weapons.

Furthermore, Indiana ALLOWS Open Carry of Long Guns without a License.

An Open Carrier of a Long Gun under The above Situation has NO Duty to Present a License.

This is a Law Suit waiting to Happen.

If The Library Screens for Weapons, under (13) of Senate Bill 292, then, The Library would HAVE to do Two Things: 1. Place Law Enforcement (NOT Security) at EVERY Public Entrance with a Metal Detector, AND 2. Allow Handguns Anyways.

stay on it and keep us updated.

Thanks.

I just took a hint from your post and called St Joseph County Public Library and asked who I could speak to about the Code of Conduct which prohibits weapons on library property http://sjcpl.lib.in.us/policies/codeofconduct/. I was transferred to security, and asked the gentleman there how the library was planning to deal with the law about to go into effect on 1 July (this friday). He said that library administration was working on it and they would be in compliance with the law on 1 July. I said thank you, have a nice day.

Sounds like a place to hold OC meetings! lol

So any update on what they are doing?

Any update, AArdvark?

I just open carried at St Joseph County Public Library (Main library in downtown South Bend). I carried an XD40Service in a Blackhawk Serpa on my right side (and possibly a XD40SC IWB @ 5:00 ).

2 security officers definitely saw my handgun, and at least 3 employees probably saw it. None said anything or asked for ID or anything. I had my audio recorder running the whole time.

SJCPL is in compliance with IC-35-47-11.1