• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My little brief rant.

repomasterstl

I am new to the Open carry crew here. Heck I am still deciding if Open carry is right for me. I haven't made it to any meet and greets "yet". Family obligations and such prevented it thus far. My brief rant today comes not about the anti 2a people but general 2a people ( :shocker: ). The 2a group at least here in Missouri I divide ccw and oc people. Weather or not I decide to make OC apart of every day life in Missouri, I , For one will stand behind my open carry buds and my ccw peps to accomplish the over all goal. Case and Point If other ccw friends cannot accept that we are working for the same thing they pushed for just differently then I can not accept helping them get better rights for that if they ignore the other side that helped them in the first place. I am sorry I am 2a all the way, but up until recently I was blinded by the ccw thing. I came here and with one sentence made my eyes open to a new horizon. "Getting a ccw permit is paying the government to say its ok to defend myself" it goes on to further say: "When we had the same right of open carry for free since the birth of America." That was all I needed to join the new fight of OC. This rant isn't directed at one group or person. The crowd in general. The new bill that was passed put new restrictions on them as well as relieved restriction on them. After the dust settled the ccw crowd complained about the new restrictions on training. You can't when for losing there. I have a ccw use it daily. I am starting to look at "some (few) of the ccw crowd" as undercover anti's. Maybe that is what this permit is about? There is a time an place for ccw, but its not up to them to tell us when that is. I agree maybe we should avoid (help) them and take matters in our own hand and try to get sponsered NRA help??? End rant. Sorry for the rant just been bothering me.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I agree maybe we should avoid (help) them and take matters in our own hand and try to get sponsered NRA help??? End rant. Sorry for the rant just been bothering me.
Glad you see the value in OC and the true grass roots of it, and that sir is the difference.

Others will disagree but as a vocal supporter of CCW and the Missouri committed to CCW webspace I will ask you not to cast complete judgment, especially over recent discussions here and there.

Some of those you might classify as anti are indeed no such thing. They are indeed supporters of constitutional carry however due to the high level of resistance they know exist from the anti-groups they have a strong preference to remain unsupportive of controversial firearms subjects PUBLICLY.

I completely understand and can agree with that to a point, however I also tend to side with my OC advocates when it comes to talking out both sides of one’s mouth. My point, they can be NEUTRAL without CONDEMNING and achieve their distance from the controversy but for whatever reason they have taken a different tact. They have decided to point and blame, and openly CONDEMN and that whether they have the courage to admit as much is NOT remaining neutral publicly and supporting privately, that is indeed fighting against the cause of constitutional carry.

I have reached out to many of the ones involved both publicly and privately as I have shaken these men’s hands, I have purchased firearms from them, I have thrown a lot of monies at their efforts to assist and frankly I can’t even manage to garner a response via public or PM.

I do not understand it, but it is what it is. They claim we are getting in their way and causing problems, I have made it clear I seek not to do that, but I have also made it clear I most certainly am going to do so if I can not get some form of communications developed that will indeed prevent it, I got no response. I have no issues with them knowing it is I who shall indeed get in their way, I have made it CRYSTAL CLEAR I am going to do that and these are men whom know my name.

In other words, our issues with their methods really do not exist and most do not disagree with the efforts they do put out, they are changes we all want to see so not supporting it is not off the table for me yet, but I am indeed growing weary of the lack of effort on issues that are of equal or greater importance than some of theirs. If they can not regain control of themselves and at the very least remain a neutral allies, then yes, I will indeed withdraw any support and will begin campaigning against them as they imho are indeed doing against the OC supporters of this state.

repomasterstl

I support ccw fully and I also support oc. I should probally rephrase it to state the overlord there. I am all about gun rights and how important to me it is as well as How important it is to my kids. Hopefully my grandkids as well (when I have them, and I better have them. LOL). I just get aggervated that it seems as few there are fighting against us. When we have the threat to lose ground he comes out to taunt (if i may call it that).

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Not sure, but I think I made it pretty clear on the troy thread, last ditch effort, is what it is after that, others have given up long before I, more will over time, Will just have to weather the fall out and move forward I guess, I do not get it, but have to acknowledge it or we will not learn from it.