• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McDonalds in Belmont

Carry24/7

I stopped at the McDonalds in Belmont yesterday, the one located at 505 N Main ST, and noticed they had a little sign on the door that said "No concealed weapons". I would have just left but I was starving. So I went through the drive thru window. Anyway I called today to ask about the sign. I spoke with the office manager. A very "pleasent" lady. She asked what my concern was about the sign. So I asked why they were posted when most McDonalds are not. (that I have noticed) She said "Well sir, We have many teenagers that work for us and for their safty we don't allow guns in there." So I politely said, "Mam do you think that sign keeps out people that are going to do your employees harm? That only keeps out the people who are legally allow to carry." She asked if I was a police officer to which I said no but I'm legally allowed to carry. She then said, "Sir lets think about todays society why would you want to carry a gun?" I laughed at that a bit and thought you just answered my concern. I said, "For my protection." She repied "From what a French Fry." From that I knew I was not going to get anywhere with her. So I ask, "So it's ok for me to open carry there since the sign said "No concealed carry." She said "No your guns are not welcome there unless you are a police officer." So I said "Well I guess my money isn't welcomed there either." Then she hung up on me.

Here is the info for anyone in the area.

Address is: 505 N. Main ST Belmont, NC 28012
Phone number is: 704-820-1074
Store number is: 5347 (This is the store location number)

M

mattwestm

I would have just carried in there to prove a point. The sign said nothing about open carry, just concealed firearms. It also sounds like she dislikes firearms in general. Trying to protect children that work there is a bunch of BS.

aosailor

I guess those evil french fries only attack teenage employees in the stores without concealed handgun banned stickers

chiefjason

Double check with corporate and see if they are allowed to post. It's a toss up. Some franchises can and some cannot. Depends on the rules of the corporation. Also, if it's a corporate store they may be bound to different rules. That will really make her mad if they make her take it down.

Carry24/7

Double check with corporate and see if they are allowed to post. It's a toss up. Some franchises can and some cannot. Depends on the rules of the corporation. Also, if it's a corporate store they may be bound to different rules. That will really make her mad if they make her take it down.

I will try and figure it out. Makes no since why they want to keep law abiding citizen out. Those signs never keep out criminals.