• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No first amendment right on ocdo/ no forum rules as posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricDailey X-NRA

>
>
>
Locked out North Carolina thread:

"westboro baptist church in clayton saturday 6/25 to protest funeral"

Monday June 27, 8:48 AM

Schlitz

"EricDailey X-NRA = 0 cool points"

"EricDailey X-NRA, way to be "that guy."

"I feel that in the 4th or 5th grade you proudly wore a 'HALL MONITOR' badge. You have lost all cool points. You're better off creating a new user name and starting over here..."

"Last edited by Schlitz; Yesterday at 08:48 AM"

Eric Dailey X-NRA,

@ Schlitz,
I do not care about being COOL to you, Schlitz. I will not be changing my "user" name: Eric Dailey X-NRA, or starting over, here or anywhere. If you think I should hide to express myself as you recommend then we disagree. I think you need to learn to be a man.

If I am wrong and make a mistake and I can learn and grow. If you argue facts and logic I'll contend with you. I can do right, but I don't care if you think I am cool. I can listen and learn but I will not be intimidated by the "cool guys". Come at me bro.

Attachments

• OCDO NorthCarolina Schlitz zero cool points June27th2011.jpg
    OCDO NorthCarolina Schlitz zero cool points June27th2011.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 226

LibertyDeath

This is just the internet, a bunch of strangers that you will never meet. Just let it go.

I am curious though, how your 1st Amendment Right was violated.

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

There is no 1st amendment, on a PRIVATE forum.

Maybe you should read and understand what things mean for getting on your soapbox.. you might just slip off...

wrightme

The topic in question should have been moved to the Social Lounge.

Your one post appears to have been an attack, but IMHO, the editing of it was overreaching.

TechnoWeenie

What have I misunderstood?

This forum is not run by congress, nor establishing a law.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

wrightme

OCDO is the expression of the First Amendment Right

Of the site owner

Anyone who desires to express their First Amendment Right shoud do so

On a site THEY create.

Last edited:

wrightme

Correct. And? Did I claim to speak for the site owner?

Oh, no wonder I couldn't quote your text. You were removing it.

Last edited:

6L6GC

100 %

Of the site owner

On a site THEY create.

Why is it that people don't understand this? Some also complain that some company or firm or radio station or newspaper is violating their free speech rights by refusing to give them free air time or print in the case of a news paper.

EricDailey X-NRA

Thanks but...

You would get a lot more sympathy from those of us that commented on the other threads if you hadn't of called us "fools".

Yeah, thanks but I don't care about sympathy. I prefer reasoning and honor. If I'm wrong I can and will accept correction. Some folks don't know what their talking about but they mean well. Some folks just don't mean well.

I didn't call anyone "fools", but you can't argue with granny's advise.

EricDailey X-NRA

I See What You Mean

There is no 1st amendment, on a PRIVATE forum.

Maybe you should read and understand what things mean for getting on your soapbox.. you might just slip off...

What have I misunderstood?

This forum is not run by congress, nor establishing a law.

Of the site owner

On a site THEY create.

Yes, you both are correct. Mr. Grape gets to decide what he wants to do on his Forum. I accept this and understand it. I'll have to figure out how to use this site while the posted rules only apply when Mr. Grape says so.

EricDailey X-NRA

I can't see the difference

This isn't Grape's forum......

It might as well be Mr. Grape's forum if he can pose as a regular commenter and then correct other posters, edit and delete others comments when he feels like it. If he can pick when the rules apply then he is the supreme. Mr. Grape is not labeled as a moderator he just does it when he likes.

wrightme

This is another way of saying "Mr. Grape decides when the rules apply if he says so" Or "Mr. Grape can forgive the rules when he wants to".

Then your best course of action (as opposed to starting threads like this one) is to send a pm to the site owner and ask him to review moderation that you take issue with.

Status
Not open for further replies.