• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No first amendment right on ocdo/ no forum rules as posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

25-06shooter

Yeah, thanks but I don't care about sympathy. I prefer reasoning and honor. If I'm wrong I can and will accept correction. Some folks don't know what their talking about but they mean well. Some folks just don't mean well.

I didn't call anyone "fools", but you can't argue with granny's advise.

LOL
Some folks take what happens on an internet forum too seriously.

You do know what it means to insinuate, right?

You keep arguing, I'm going fishing.

HandyHamlet

You suggest sending pm to the site owner. Can you be a little more specific?

The owner participates in the forum. You can pm him or leave a message on his wall like any other member. I just do not remember his account off hand.

You can "report" posts you have problems with by clicking on the little exclamation point to the bottom left of each post.

EricDailey X-NRA

I'll give this a try

The owner participates in the forum. You can pm him or leave a message on his wall like any other member. I just do not remember his account off hand.

You can "report" posts you have problems with by clicking on the little exclamation point to the bottom left of each post.

This is the instruction when you click to report a posted comment: "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts." It's very specific and limited and does not cover some of my complaints. For instance it dose not cover FORUM RULES (8) for which there are many moderation failures.

jpierce or "Administrator"

And, here is the link to the discussion forum for "Forum Rules

I'll follow up with this. Also I've read the forum; Frequently Asked Questions thread; "Third Party Editing of posts". This is a discussion about moderation. I'll read through Administrators list of "View Forum Posts" Maybe you are right. Maybe this is the right approach. I'll see.

wrightme

I personally use the "report" function for all problematic posts that I desire to have looked at. I personally consider all rule infractions as "problematic."

EricDailey X-NRA

The rules are not optional.

This is the instruction when you click to report a posted comment:

"Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."

It's very specific and limited and does not cover some of my complaints. For instance it dose not cover FORUM RULES (8) for which there are many moderation failures.

I personally use the "report" function for all problematic posts that I desire to have looked at. I personally consider all rule infractions as "problematic."

I personally follow instructions, especially in public, group, political, activities. Civil activities and civil behavior are not the same thing but they go together. Most of my complaints about OCDO are because members don't follow instructions or practice good civil behavior. Some moderators also

Gunslinger

Well, if it's any help, I personally consider all speed limit signs as 'suggestions..." I forget, wtf is this thread about again???

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A Moderator statement would seem appropriate at this point.

I follow the instructions and wishes of the site owners to the greatest degree possible and simply put myself in the position of what would John do?

To enter the field of tilting with the administration's rules or application thereof is fraught with serious consequences when such is perceived as being primarily disruptive. There has never been a problem with disagreement of policy, but continued long term attacks, particularly personal attacks which are evident here will be dealt with appropriately - take heed.

To contact John, one of the site owners, simply address a PM to "Administrator" - it's that simple.

Seldom do posters need to be reminded that OCDO is private property and the owners may make any rules they wish and apply them in any manner they wish. Two are noteworthy as to there application here.

ACCEPTANCE OF RULES If you do not agree with any of these Rules then please do not use this site, because BY USING THIS SITE YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE IRREVOCABLY AGREED TO THESE RULES. Please note that these Rules may be revised and reissued without notice at any time. You should review the current Rules regularly, since your continued use of the site will be deemed as irrevocable acceptance of any revisions.

and

(2) RIGHT TO EDIT AND DELETE POSTS: We reserve the right to edit or remove posts for any reason, at any time, at our sole discretion.

As this thread would seem to have no redeeming qualities other than promoting dissent - locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.