Thread: Remeber the BART shooting? Here's the latest.

Remeber the BART shooting? Here's the latest.

BART agrees to $1.3-million settlement with mother of unarmed shooting victim

http://www.latimes.com/news/lat-bart...+-+Top+News%29
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

No where near enough. I wish they had exceeded their insurance.

From the article: ...BART board member Lynette Sweet said in a written statement. “We’re working hard to make the [BART] Police Department the best it can be for our officers, our customers and our community."...

Ms. Sweet, you have your priorities exactly backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    BART agrees to $1.3-million settlement with mother of unarmed shooting victim

http://www.latimes.com/news/lat-bart...+-+Top+News%29
    His daughters mother also settled for an additional 1 plus million..

Quote Originally Posted by Jim675 View Post
    No where near enough. I wish they had exceeded their insurance.

From the article: ...BART board member Lynette Sweet said in a written statement. “We’re working hard to make the [BART] Police Department the best it can be for our officers, our customers and our community."...

Ms. Sweet, you have your priorities exactly backwards.
    "..best it can be for our officers..."

"We must take the guns from the people to make the streets safe for the SS."

A. Hitler

He wanted to make the Gestapo the 'best it could be' too.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

The last thing Grant did was snap this pic of his murderer. $1.3 mil my ass.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    The last thing Grant did was snap this pic of his murderer. $1.3 mil my ass.

Well, he did serve 11 months. That proves cold blooded murder doesn't pay...or something.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    ..."We must take the guns from the people to make the streets safe for the SS."

A. Hitler...
    Ya know, if you search for that quote, in quotation marks on Yahoo!, you get three hits. The first two are from this site; the last is a site about searching for apps. Is there a scholarly cite for that quotation?

I ask this because the Nazis actually loosened gun control for most folks in pre-WWII Germany. Of course, certain "select" groups were singled out not to have the right to carry restored.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Ya know, if you search for that quote, in quotation marks on Yahoo!, you get three hits. The first two are from this site; the last is a site about searching for apps. Is there a scholarly cite for that quotation?

I ask this because the Nazis actually loosened gun control for most folks in pre-WWII Germany. Of course, certain "select" groups were singled out not to have the right to carry restored.
    This was from a speech to the Reichstag in the mid-'30s. I actually saw it on another site with the citation years ago, but can't remember the actual date. It is a mild paraphrase from the actual quote, I recall. When I have some free time, I'll research it more. I do remember it was in response to another quote from Goerring when he was running the SS--just before Himmler and Heydrech took it and the Gestapo over.

And don't forget that immediately after the shooting, Mehserle was allowed to flee not just the jurisdiction, but the STATE. I pointed this out at the time of the shooting and was told vehemently that this wasn't true... until an extradition order was sought against the perpetrator.

How many of US would be allowed to flee the jurisdiction after an obviously bad shoot? The excuse was "threats" to his safety. I GUARANTEE you that if one of the victims of the Chicago Police Department's "SOS" home invasion gang had shot one of the perpetrators, they would have INSTANTLY gone to jail FOR THE DURATION, no matter if Osama bin Laden had videotaped a threat to the shooter PERSONALLY.

One set of laws for the police, another set for the "little people"...
    Last edited by Deanimator; 06-30-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    One set of laws for the police, another set for the "little people"...
    Isn't that the truth.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    They should chain or cage him up at the murder scene, that way any folks walking by this murderer can express their displeasure at their leisure.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)