• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Remeber the BART shooting? Here's the latest.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
No where near enough. I wish they had exceeded their insurance.

From the article: ...BART board member Lynette Sweet said in a written statement. “We’re working hard to make the [BART] Police Department the best it can be for our officers, our customers and our community."...

Ms. Sweet, you have your priorities exactly backwards.

Gunslinger

No where near enough. I wish they had exceeded their insurance.

From the article: ...BART board member Lynette Sweet said in a written statement. “We’re working hard to make the [BART] Police Department the best it can be for our officers, our customers and our community."...

Ms. Sweet, you have your priorities exactly backwards.

"..best it can be for our officers..."

"We must take the guns from the people to make the streets safe for the SS."

A. Hitler

He wanted to make the Gestapo the 'best it could be' too.

HandyHamlet

The last thing Grant did was snap this pic of his murderer. $1.3 mil my ass.

mehserle.jpg

eye95

..."We must take the guns from the people to make the streets safe for the SS."

A. Hitler...

Ya know, if you search for that quote, in quotation marks on Yahoo!, you get three hits. The first two are from this site; the last is a site about searching for apps. Is there a scholarly cite for that quotation?

I ask this because the Nazis actually loosened gun control for most folks in pre-WWII Germany. Of course, certain "select" groups were singled out not to have the right to carry restored.

Gunslinger

Ya know, if you search for that quote, in quotation marks on Yahoo!, you get three hits. The first two are from this site; the last is a site about searching for apps. Is there a scholarly cite for that quotation?

I ask this because the Nazis actually loosened gun control for most folks in pre-WWII Germany. Of course, certain "select" groups were singled out not to have the right to carry restored.

This was from a speech to the Reichstag in the mid-'30s. I actually saw it on another site with the citation years ago, but can't remember the actual date. It is a mild paraphrase from the actual quote, I recall. When I have some free time, I'll research it more. I do remember it was in response to another quote from Goerring when he was running the SS--just before Himmler and Heydrech took it and the Gestapo over.

Deanimator

And don't forget that immediately after the shooting, Mehserle was allowed to flee not just the jurisdiction, but the STATE. I pointed this out at the time of the shooting and was told vehemently that this wasn't true... until an extradition order was sought against the perpetrator.

How many of US would be allowed to flee the jurisdiction after an obviously bad shoot? The excuse was "threats" to his safety. I GUARANTEE you that if one of the victims of the Chicago Police Department's "SOS" home invasion gang had shot one of the perpetrators, they would have INSTANTLY gone to jail FOR THE DURATION, no matter if Osama bin Laden had videotaped a threat to the shooter PERSONALLY.

One set of laws for the police, another set for the "little people"...

Last edited: