Thread: Milwaukee library trustees agree to ban firearms

Milwaukee library trustees agree to ban firearms

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/124686783.html

This needs to be nipped in the butt! Contact your reps to change the posting of signs so public buildings are not able to do this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Same story as a certain member's church. Small, weak minded people on a power trip and nothing more. Is this a Michigan thing? Public Libraries aren't public?

{Man, I hope you mean "bud", 'cause I ain't bending over for a couple of stooges.}

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 06-29-2011 at 01:57 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

This will have to be met in court or by boycott. That means everyone in the libraries general AO. Everyone. So, someone has to organize, put up posters all over the city referring to a boycott of the public library for trampling your Constitutional Right. Libraries are becoming dinosaurs anyway. We have the internet now. The more people they exclude, the less time they have on Earth. Send em that note.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

They may be of tinny minds h,

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Same story as a certain member's church. Small, weak minded people on a power trip and nothing more. Is this a Michigan thing? Public Libraries aren't public?

{Man, I hope you mean "bud", 'cause I ain't bending over for a couple of stooges.}

but collectively, they become a protected force under the laws of SB93. A Liberian has always brought to mind a picture of a small, quiet, caring person. This will be a nasty challenge for a positive public opinion. boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

Lightbulb If Nothing Else.....Wait & See....The Signs Will Come Down.

Like every other state that passed CCW legislation many businesses posted "No Firearms" and then....they all came down.

I lived in Florida when we passed concealed carry there. Signs went up...."There will be gunfights at every traffic light" I heard so much nonsense. It reminded me of Chicken Little..."The sky is falling the sky is falling". Never happened.

I doubt you will find a single business in Florida that is posted "No Firearms".

I believe Florida has issued the most permits with something like 1,911,000 permits issued (not all are still in effect of course due to the 5 year limit). How many gunfights have broken out due to issuing permits in Florida? I know of none.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

I find it ironic that an institution that relies on the 1st Amendment for it's very existance would so blatantly piss all over the 2nd Amendment.

Its the City of Milwaukee Public Library, under control of Barrett. Enough said.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Meh. Who uses libraries anymore?

Hot librarian MILFs according to my internet.

Just sayin'.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

It may be a little early and maybe somewhat grasping at straws but I wonder how posting signs on public buildings would stand up in a challenge by the preemption statute. Under the concealed carry statute 175.60 the State has declared only certain "public" buildings off limits to public carry of firearms. I would think that any political subdivision posting additional signs to include additional public buildings would amount to installing ordinances that are more strict than the state restrictions. Under previous law this wasn't a problem as regards preemption because by state law all public buildings were off limits. The legislative intent of the cc statute was to relax that restriction. If all public buildings are allowed to post firearm prohibition signs then we are back to square one and the fundamental intent of the preemption statute is violated. Just a thought and an opinion.