• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Milwaukee library trustees agree to ban firearms

HandyHamlet

Same story as a certain member's church. Small, weak minded people on a power trip and nothing more. Is this a Michigan thing? Public Libraries aren't public?

{Man, I hope you mean "bud", 'cause I ain't bending over for a couple of stooges.}

:p

Last edited:

hardballer

This will have to be met in court or by boycott. That means everyone in the libraries general AO. Everyone. So, someone has to organize, put up posters all over the city referring to a boycott of the public library for trampling your Constitutional Right. Libraries are becoming dinosaurs anyway. We have the internet now. The more people they exclude, the less time they have on Earth. Send em that note.

wild boar

They may be of tinny minds h,

Same story as a certain member's church. Small, weak minded people on a power trip and nothing more. Is this a Michigan thing? Public Libraries aren't public?

{Man, I hope you mean "bud", 'cause I ain't bending over for a couple of stooges.}

:p

but collectively, they become a protected force under the laws of SB93. A Liberian has always brought to mind a picture of a small, quiet, caring person. This will be a nasty challenge for a positive public opinion. boar out.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
If Nothing Else.....Wait & See....The Signs Will Come Down.

Like every other state that passed CCW legislation many businesses posted "No Firearms" and then....they all came down.

I lived in Florida when we passed concealed carry there. Signs went up...."There will be gunfights at every traffic light" I heard so much nonsense. It reminded me of Chicken Little..."The sky is falling the sky is falling". Never happened.

I doubt you will find a single business in Florida that is posted "No Firearms".

I believe Florida has issued the most permits with something like 1,911,000 permits issued (not all are still in effect of course due to the 5 year limit). How many gunfights have broken out due to issuing permits in Florida? I know of none.

safcrkr

I find it ironic that an institution that relies on the 1st Amendment for it's very existance would so blatantly piss all over the 2nd Amendment.

Captain Nemo

It may be a little early and maybe somewhat grasping at straws but I wonder how posting signs on public buildings would stand up in a challenge by the preemption statute. Under the concealed carry statute 175.60 the State has declared only certain "public" buildings off limits to public carry of firearms. I would think that any political subdivision posting additional signs to include additional public buildings would amount to installing ordinances that are more strict than the state restrictions. Under previous law this wasn't a problem as regards preemption because by state law all public buildings were off limits. The legislative intent of the cc statute was to relax that restriction. If all public buildings are allowed to post firearm prohibition signs then we are back to square one and the fundamental intent of the preemption statute is violated. Just a thought and an opinion.