• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our Visit to the Sheriff's Office!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
We have three adults in our home. Me, the wife and my pardner all live in this house. We all own guns. We took our CCW course together, and today we went together to get our CCW permits.

From what I learned, my wife and I should have our permits in about 2 weeks. My pard won't see his until around 80 to 85 days from now.

Since my wife works at the Sheriff's office, and I am her husbandly unit, we are being "fast tracked" to get them sooner. And we only had to pay the $52.50 each for the CBI background check. The Sheriff's Office waved their fees for their employee and her spousal unit.

So now we wait and see. I'll be surprised if everything goes well, but I'm keeping my fingernails crossed.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Congrats to all three of ya.
It's a very nice thing to have.

Howdy Amigo!
Yep! It will be great to have it simply because of Denver! (fahrging Denver!!!)

But most of the time, I suspect I'll still open carry! I like being able to reach my pistol without needing to move clothing around to get at it. In fall and winter, I'll prolly opt for a shoulder holster. And I won't need to fret about where Denver's borders are, or whether I've crossed them unwittingly. Once I have the permit, I'm good to go anywhere in the state, and in a heckuva lot of others.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Lokster

Howdy M-Taliesin

That's great news! Having the option to conceal is nice even if I you do spend most of your time outside of Denver. If you plan to carry a back up gun it will also come in handy.

M-Taliesin

Howdy M-Taliesin

That's great news! Having the option to conceal is nice even if I you do spend most of your time outside of Denver. If you plan to carry a back up gun it will also come in handy.

Howdy Lockster!
Now my only concern is whether I'll actually get approved for the CCW. After all, I've led a somewhat different life most of my time on this planet. I had some issues concerning an ill spent youth!

Many of my previous life experiences involved drugs and alcohol, but I've been clean and sober since September 1st, 1989. While I don't have any restraining orders against me, nor do I have any record of domestic violence or felonies on my record, I still wonder if I'll be approved. Maybe it is just paranoia on my part. But I had the same paranoia before I bought my first pistol. Now I've bought half a dozen without incident.
So if I passed the CBI, likely as not, I'll be fine. Still, I seem to enjoy fretting over stuff like this and most of what I worry about never happens.

Thanks for your response to my post.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

since9

Campaign Veteran
Howdy Amigo!
Yep! It will be great to have it simply because of Denver! (fahrging Denver!!!)

But most of the time, I suspect I'll still open carry! I like being able to reach my pistol without needing to move clothing around to get at it. In fall and winter, I'll prolly opt for a shoulder holster.

I rarely wear my shoulder holster, particularly when I'm moving around. It's fine while sitting, however. As such, it's perfect for the theater, beneath a jacket.

And I won't need to fret about where Denver's borders are, or whether I've crossed them unwittingly.

That is a plus! Until you notice the security at your very first Rockies game and have to walk all the way back to the car...

Last edited: