• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

21 ccw

high angle120

i know this is an open carry forum but i was looking for a place to take my ccw so i would have that option. i live near kansas city east of lees summit. i am only 21 and was wondering if i could get a non resident permit and if that would work. and if there was someone who was offering classes for 21 and older. all i have called sayed i have to be 23 to even take there courses.
thanks

Superlite27

There is a bill on the Governors desk that has recently passed the legislature that will lower the CCW age to 21. It either has to sit unsigned for a period of time, or have the Governor sign it in order to become law on August 28 of this year. There is some speculation that it might possibly have enough support to override if he chooses to veto it.

As far as CCW classes, ANYONE may take a CCW class, but as it stands now, it will be pointless until you reach the age of 23. I'm sure there will be several forthcoming reccommendations. I have several, but as I'm clear across the state in St. Louis, I doubt you'd be interested.

A non-resident permit would work.

Last edited:

cshoff

It's almost a given that HB294 will become law this August. With that said, effective August 28, the age requirement for a MO endorsement will be lowered from 23 to 21.

I would recommend contacting Bill Regina at SRT Group for a good instructor in the KC area. http://srt-group.com/

Bill's class would also meet the requirements of a FL non-resident permit as well.

Big Boy

You can take any class. Florida offers non-res but if I were you I'd probably wait and see what happens with this new bill.

Check into http://fjlpistoltraining.com/

He is a real guy, who is real life, and only charges $65 for the class.

DWCook

Activist Member
Not really expensive after getting the permits to maintain them. Whichever states I travel to more than likely I would apply for there permit just so I have it.