• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sanford man shoots himself while showing safety.

dmatting

I heard that story on the radio going into work this morning. Unbelievable. It amazes me that someone would ever put a gun to their head

Here is another link to the story - with a nice graphic that WRAL must have made up for any gun related story (SCARY!) ...

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/9795358/

This guy will likely be getting a Darwin award

M-Taliesin

This guy will likely be getting a Darwin award

Howdy Folks!
If nothing else, he certainly did his part to cleanse the gene pool!
He must never have learned them first rules of handgun safety:
Treat every weapon as if it is loaded.
Never point the gun at anything you aren't willing to destroy!
Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
etc, etc.

Rather than a permit to carry a handgun, some would benefit better by being subjected to an I.Q. test!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

EricDailey X-NRA

More Info

This is from a blog post at "An NC Gun Blog"

" ... It appears that the “victim” was not permitted to own a weapon due to the fact that he was a multiple felon."
...Captain Jeff Johnson of the Lee County Sheriff's Office... confirms that this is the same person. The weapon was a .22 caliber semi-auto pistol, and the "victim" did not get the pistol legally."
What would a person convicted of drug charges, felony larceny, Breaking and Entering, and carrying a concealed weapon need with a gun? "

http://ncguns.blogspot.com/2011/06/...m_campaign=Feed:+AnNcGunBlog+(An+NC+Gun+Blog)

muccione

This is too bad for his family.... But I really feel its relives a ton of police/ court resources and mostly tax-payer money. That little .22 just ended a convicted felon. Now that he had a gun he might have been trying to step up his criminal activity. Then who would of killed/shot/traumatized with this gun?

Here is a link to his conviction record in NC...
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...er&searchFirstName=Randall&searchMiddleName=t

Even his father is a convict. This guy had no chance..

Last edited:

Dreamer

This story is obviously fake and completely fabricated, for TWO reasons.

1) the "victim" was a convicted felon, and so under Federal and NC state law, there is NO WAY he could have possessed a firearm legally, and everyone knows that "gun control" laws work 100% of the time, and

2) the .22 is NOT an effective "man stopping" round...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

<sarcasm OFF>

spinner

What the F

All right Dreamer, as usual you hit the nail on the head. Gun laws are a joke. Besides for the obvious things we could say about story, I guess the only comment I'll say is poor fellow and his family. I don't care about the laws he broke, whether or not he was suppose have a gun or not. A young guy lost his life in an unfortunate accident. I just hope he didn't have kids. I'll say a prayer for him and his. God bless.

EricDailey X-NRA

Laws, Citizens, Life

... I don't care about the laws he broke, whether or not he was suppose have a gun or not. A young guy lost his life in an unfortunate accident. I just hope he didn't have kids. I'll say a prayer for him and his. God bless.

You don't care.
Who did he rob?
Who did he attack?
Who did he steal from?

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...er&searchFirstName=Randall&searchMiddleName=t

I wonder, what if he had robbed you? How would you feel then? What if he pointed his illegal gun in your direction?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Wow, he put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger. Not once, but twice. I can't help wonder what was going through his mind as he was doing this. Obviously he never received any kind of safety training. Don't point the muzzle at anything you don't wish to destroy. Regardless of whether or not he was a felon, it is still a sad story.

Dreamer

The only "sad" thing about this story is that it didn't happen in 2006, before his first larceny...

He pulled the trigger on himself once and nothing happened. That was supremely bad judgement.

Pulling the trigger on himself the second time was just Darwinism getting a second chance to be fulfilled...

muccione

I can't help wonder what was going through his mind as he was doing this. Obviously he never received any kind of safety training.

Clearly he THOUGHT he was a firearms expert and had all the right answers. He was also smarter than the law. There was no title like "convicted felon" that was going to keep him from having a gun. Hopefully the gun makes it back to the person it was stolen from and he donates it to the Smithsonian as the first gun ever to defend itself from being used for a life of crime.

ocgso

This story is obviously fake and completely fabricated, for TWO reasons.

1) the "victim" was a convicted felon, and so under Federal and NC state law, there is NO WAY he could have possessed a firearm legally, and everyone knows that "gun control" laws work 100% of the time, and

2) the .22 is NOT an effective "man stopping" round...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

<sarcasm OFF>

Dreamer, TOO FUNNY!!

This is a terrible tragedy, but one that he deserved for breaking the first rule of any firearms training/owners manual, etc.

Of course, I guess illegal guns don't come with manuals or traning :eek:)

spinner

misunderstood

Listen Eric, take a breath. I didn't mean I didn't care about the laws he broke for the reasons of why he couldn't " own " a gun. If you read it in context what I said was, yes gun laws don't work, criminals will get get guns no matter what if they really want one. When I said I didn't care about the laws he broke I meant the laws he broke in getting an illegal firearm, because gun laws don't work I don't care how many you make. Yes I feel bad for the victims of his crimes that he committed ( I read his thing he wasn't the best member of society ) . Yes we can sit here and think of 100 new joke a minute about this story. If the guy was killed holding up a store with the same gun yeah he got what he deserved. But I still say this was an unfortunate accident and some one lost their life. He has family who maybe never did anything wrong, I can still feel bad for them too can't I. He's dead its over. I'm not the kind of guy to see a dead animal in the road and start poking it with a stick, whats the point. God Bless.

EricDailey X-NRA

Yeah, alright.

Listen Eric, take a breath. I didn't mean I didn't care about the laws he broke for the reasons of why he couldn't " own " a gun. If you read it in context what I said was, yes gun laws don't work, criminals will get get guns no matter what if they really want one. When I said I didn't care about the laws he broke I meant the laws he broke in getting an illegal firearm, because gun laws don't work I don't care how many you make. Yes I feel bad for the victims of his crimes that he committed ( I read his thing he wasn't the best member of society ) . Yes we can sit here and think of 100 new joke a minute about this story. If the guy was killed holding up a store with the same gun yeah he got what he deserved. But I still say this was an unfortunate accident and some one lost their life. He has family who maybe never did anything wrong, I can still feel bad for them too can't I. He's dead its over. I'm not the kind of guy to see a dead animal in the road and start poking it with a stick, whats the point. God Bless.

I guess I got your meaning wrong from reading what you wrote. Okay fine.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean now either. You have said twice that this is an unfortunate accident. Well I think it's clear that he didn't mean to kill himself so it seems like an accident. You seems to think it is bad fortune. Others think that his death is good fortune for some who won't be robbed or shot by him with his illegal gun. His death may be good fortune for many folks in this world. Do these folks count? Don't you think this guy fits in the category of "bad guy"? Is it wrong to say "good riddance to bad rubbish"? Do you actually wish he was still around? Who beside him is worse off because he's gone?

spinner

Re-Phrase

Ok Eric, I didn't want to bring up religion on a gun site, but I've been trying to make my point of how I feel about this guys situation with out it, and it's not working. So if your not religious or don't believe in Jesus read no further. Remember this is my own personal feeling. This was a young guy who did not use the first part of his life in a good manner. He robbed, stole, did drugs, and had no respect for his man kind or the law. He did a lot of bad things which up to this point he paid back society with fines and jail time. That with standing he probably did more in which he never got caught with. I think up to this point we can both agree. I also believe Jesus died on a cross for us so that if we ask for forgiveness for our bad deeds it would be granted to us. I also think he wasn't to the point of his life that he found Jesus and therefore has had no chance to ask for it. But how many stories have you heard of from ex-drug addicts or ex-cons who find Jesus, repent for their sin, turn their lives around and spend the rest of their lives making amends for what they have done and lead perfectly normal and good lives after that. With this guy we will never know. God Wants us all to spend eternity with him, so who am I not to want the same for all people. If some one commits a crime that warrants prison time or the death penalty and has a fair trial then convicted by his peers so be it. But to be happy this guy is gone for the reason he " may " commit a crime later on in life, no I can't go along with that. Then you might say all the kids in juvenile jails across the country should just stay there for life cause if their committing crimes at that age why let um out their just gonna do worse crimes later on in life. Well hope this clears up my opinion a little better. God Bless.

62 Caddy

Ok Eric, I didn't want to bring up religion on a gun site, but I've been trying to make my point of how I feel about this guys situation with out it, and it's not working. So if your not religious or don't believe in Jesus read no further. Remember this is my own personal feeling. This was a young guy who did not use the first part of his life in a good manner. He robbed, stole, did drugs, and had no respect for his man kind or the law. He did a lot of bad things which up to this point he paid back society with fines and jail time. That with standing he probably did more in which he never got caught with. I think up to this point we can both agree. I also believe Jesus died on a cross for us so that if we ask for forgiveness for our bad deeds it would be granted to us. I also think he wasn't to the point of his life that he found Jesus and therefore has had no chance to ask for it. But how many stories have you heard of from ex-drug addicts or ex-cons who find Jesus, repent for their sin, turn their lives around and spend the rest of their lives making amends for what they have done and lead perfectly normal and good lives after that. With this guy we will never know. God Wants us all to spend eternity with him, so who am I not to want the same for all people. If some one commits a crime that warrants prison time or the death penalty and has a fair trial then convicted by his peers so be it. But to be happy this guy is gone for the reason he " may " commit a crime later on in life, no I can't go along with that. Then you might say all the kids in juvenile jails across the country should just stay there for life cause if their committing crimes at that age why let um out their just gonna do worse crimes later on in life. Well hope this clears up my opinion a little better. God Bless.

+1

Carry24/7

+1

Bearfoot

+1 and God bless.