• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sanford man shoots himself while showing safety.

Jbenarao

Ok Eric, I didn't want to bring up religion on a gun site, but I've been trying to make my point of how I feel about this guys situation with out it, and it's not working. So if your not religious or don't believe in Jesus read no further. Remember this is my own personal feeling. This was a young guy who did not use the first part of his life in a good manner. He robbed, stole, did drugs, and had no respect for his man kind or the law. He did a lot of bad things which up to this point he paid back society with fines and jail time. That with standing he probably did more in which he never got caught with. I think up to this point we can both agree. I also believe Jesus died on a cross for us so that if we ask for forgiveness for our bad deeds it would be granted to us. I also think he wasn't to the point of his life that he found Jesus and therefore has had no chance to ask for it. But how many stories have you heard of from ex-drug addicts or ex-cons who find Jesus, repent for their sin, turn their lives around and spend the rest of their lives making amends for what they have done and lead perfectly normal and good lives after that. With this guy we will never know. God Wants us all to spend eternity with him, so who am I not to want the same for all people. If some one commits a crime that warrants prison time or the death penalty and has a fair trial then convicted by his peers so be it. But to be happy this guy is gone for the reason he " may " commit a crime later on in life, no I can't go along with that. Then you might say all the kids in juvenile jails across the country should just stay there for life cause if their committing crimes at that age why let um out their just gonna do worse crimes later on in life. Well hope this clears up my opinion a little better. God Bless.

+100

Dreamer

But I still say this was an unfortunate accident and some one lost their life.

This incident was neither "unfortunate" nor an "accident".

Someone getting killed because they pointed a gun at their own head and pulled the trigger is NOT an "accident". It "Darwinism waiting to happen". It is pure negligence, plain and simple.

Less than 0.1% of the firearms "accidents" are truly "accidents". An "accident" implies that there was no one at fault and no one to blame, and that it was completely beyond anyone's control. This was not an "accident". It was negligence, stupidity, and utter disregard for almost EVERY single rule of firearms safety.

The world is breathing a sign of relief that it was the person holding the gun in this case that met his untimely demise, and not some innocent child or neighbor or pet or something.

A self-inflicted gunshot wound that created a "condition incompatible with life" that led to one less criminal idiot is the world is never a tragedy. It was a service to humanity...

62 Caddy

It was a service to humanity...

I agree, it was not an accident, it was ignorance. I hope that all those that you hold close will not fall to a quick judgment of Darwinism. “A service to humanity”, this may not be true, we do not know, nor will we. Beliefs aside, I think we all agree he was stupid and all should learn from it. Gun safety is number one.

spinner

Accident

OK. We use the word ( accident ) loosely when something stupid happens. The definition is " Accident ' a specific, unpredictable, unusual and unintended external action which occurs in a particular time and place, with no apparent and deliberate cause but with marked effects. It implies a generally negative outcome which may have been avoided or prevented had circumstances leading up to the accident been recognized, and acted upon, prior to its occurrence. So absolutely this does not constitute an accident. Besides all the post we went back and forth with, The common thread here that I see is.... This guy was a moron, stupid as the day is long, idiot, numbskull, ( no pun intended ), and should not have had a gun. All agree? Aye. end of story.

Outdoorsman1

Ok Eric, I didn't want to bring up religion on a gun site, but I've been trying to make my point of how I feel about this guys situation with out it, and it's not working. So if your not religious or don't believe in Jesus read no further. Remember this is my own personal feeling. This was a young guy who did not use the first part of his life in a good manner. He robbed, stole, did drugs, and had no respect for his man kind or the law. He did a lot of bad things which up to this point he paid back society with fines and jail time. That with standing he probably did more in which he never got caught with. I think up to this point we can both agree. I also believe Jesus died on a cross for us so that if we ask for forgiveness for our bad deeds it would be granted to us. I also think he wasn't to the point of his life that he found Jesus and therefore has had no chance to ask for it. But how many stories have you heard of from ex-drug addicts or ex-cons who find Jesus, repent for their sin, turn their lives around and spend the rest of their lives making amends for what they have done and lead perfectly normal and good lives after that. With this guy we will never know. God Wants us all to spend eternity with him, so who am I not to want the same for all people. If some one commits a crime that warrants prison time or the death penalty and has a fair trial then convicted by his peers so be it. But to be happy this guy is gone for the reason he " may " commit a crime later on in life, no I can't go along with that. Then you might say all the kids in juvenile jails across the country should just stay there for life cause if their committing crimes at that age why let um out their just gonna do worse crimes later on in life. Well hope this clears up my opinion a little better. God Bless.

+ Another 1....

Outdoorsman

MilProGuy

My heart goes out to this young man's family in their loss.

But I must ask: Who in there right mind puts a gun to their head and pulls the trigger? "Stupid is...as stupid does".

Dreamer

Last edited:

Carry24/7

Yeah from the looks of his page he was a GREAT guy. Looks more like his girlfriend/wife was doing the page for him. Wonder if he was on a state funded vacation.