• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Baltimore homicides break the "century" mark...

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
So Baltimore, at just over 600,000, is pretty equivalent with both Seattle and Milwaukee, WI.

Let's compare the murder rates say over the last 10 years...

200 + Baltimore avg. per year

100 + Milwaukee avg.

28 + Seattle avg.

(I have simplified the numbers)

Which one of these cities(state of WA) allows concealed and open carry? Which one of these cities(state of WA) has had concealed and open carry since statehood? Which one of these cities(state of WA) has a shall issues concealed carry law?

262007_1411339019992_1728023493_676436_5269946_n.jpg

Mr H

So Baltimore, at just over 600,000, is pretty equivalent with both Seattle and Milwaukee, WI.

100 + Milwaukee avg.

28 + Seattle avg.

Which one of these cities(state of WA) allows concealed and open carry? Which one of these cities(state of WA) has had concealed and open carry since statehood? Which one of these cities(state of WA) has a shall issues concealed carry law?

HMMMMMmmmm....

I want a crystal ball, to see Milwaukee's numbers even 5 years from now...

As long as MD is in the grip of the LIbtard Left, we can look forward to more of this.

Even if the courts provide us "shall issue", it will b several years before we see a substantive change, courtesy of Lord Gov. Martin St. Malley and his minions. Plus, there is still the fact that the Baltimore PD is run ineptly and corruption is rampant.

But still we work and hope...

Gunslinger

100 + Milwaukee avg.

28 + Seattle avg.

262007_1411339019992_1728023493_676436_5269946_n.jpg

That's 'cuz everone in Seattle is drinking coffee at one of your 73,000 caffe bistros...no one has any time to murder anyone.

Gunslinger

http://baltimorecrime.blogspot.com/

the 100th homicide in Baltimore for the year was logged today.

How's that "gun control" thing working out for you, Gov. O'Malley and Mayor Rawlings-Blake?

Clearly it's not. Next action will be to go house to house--don't worry about warrants or due process in the Gulag, and confiscate all firearms. If a few subjects get killed in the process, what's the difference? Already hit the century mark. Once all guns are taken from honest people, the crime rate will tumble and the cops will have more time to pursue their avocations of being thugs and criminals. Nobody does it better than Baltimore, although Phillie is a close second, but at least PA is a Free State.

Sig229

To hell with Maryland.

Once all the gun owners left the state, I would be pleased to see the state of Maryland slide off into the Atlantic ocean with all the anti-gun fools with it.

I fought hard and put a lot of time and effort into the pro gun cause when I lived in Maryland. I finally said to myself "Im still a young man, I refuse to live in a place that doesn't afford me my 2A rights" and I left.

I havent regretted leaving MD one second since.

Life is too short to be oppressed.

Why spend the rest of my life rotting in Maryland and not having the basic human right of self defense outside of my home?

I heard a lot of Marylanders make excuses for not leaving.

"Its hard to find work"
My wife doesn't want to move more than 15 minutes form her family"

The reality of it is, there ARE options for you. You just have to man up and take the initiative and make the move.

Maryland is only going to get more and more violent.
Why put your family and yourself in more danger if you can prevent it?

Last edited:

Risqman

Maryland's Eastern Shore

The Eastern Shore of Maryland isn't nearly as bad unless you get a 125 pound "Rookie" Cop, then they figure they can arrest you for yelling at someone going the wrong way and almost hitting you while they ignore that person lol.
I see guys riding around in their pickups all the time with shotguns & rifles hanging in the back windows, breaches aren't open or locked up with gun locks either which would get you pulled over very fast on the western shore. It's more like Delaware over here really as far as what will get you in trouble for gun laws and since there are a million places to hunt in a 75 mile area there's always that excuse as well.

Sig229

The Eastern Shore of Maryland isn't nearly as bad unless you get a 125 pound "Rookie" Cop, then they figure they can arrest you for yelling at someone going the wrong way and almost hitting you while they ignore that person lol.
I see guys riding around in their pickups all the time with shotguns & rifles hanging in the back windows, breaches aren't open or locked up with gun locks either which would get you pulled over very fast on the western shore. It's more like Delaware over here really as far as what will get you in trouble for gun laws and since there are a million places to hunt in a 75 mile area there's always that excuse as well.

That is true.

The eastern shore is like another state and except for being under extremely anti gun laws from the state, the eastern shore is a very nice place to live.

Its too bad that the eastern shore cant succeed from the rest of Maryland.

Maybe Delaware would want it?

DE's gun laws are MUCH better than MD's.

t11spanner

That is true.

The eastern shore is like another state and except for being under extremely anti gun laws from the state, the eastern shore is a very nice place to live.

I believe that everything west of Frederick is the same way, with the exception of Hagerstown, the Police Chief is a former higher up from Baltimore PD.

When I lived there, I sometimes heard the same thing of splitting from the rest of MD.

Carl

Sig229

When I lived there, I sometimes heard the same thing of splitting from the rest of MD.

Carl

Yeah, but I highly doubt that would ever happen.

The best thing for freedom loving gun owners who are imprisoned in Maryland should do ,is escape out of there like you and myself did.

Life is too short to live under an oppressive regime. Especially since freedom is just 30 minutes away up I-83, I95 or I70.

When friends from Maryland come to visit, they are astonished at the fact that we can open carry with no permit/license and not be stopped by swarms of LEO's with guns drawn.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
That is true.

Better yet Eastern Shore of VA. Open carry allowed here!

Curmudgeon

Yeah, but I highly doubt that would ever happen.

The best thing for freedom loving gun owners who are imprisoned in Maryland should do ,is escape out of there like you and myself did.

Life is too short to live under an oppressive regime. Especially since freedom is just 30 minutes away up I-83, I95 or I70.

When friends from Maryland come to visit, they are astonished at the fact that we can open carry with no permit/license and not be stopped by swarms of LEO's with guns drawn.

Here's another one, the wife and I moved to PA almost 6 years ago. I'm sorry I waited as long as I did.

Sonora Rebel

I am also an escapee from the Peoples Socializt Demokratik Republik of Murderland.
I've found permanent refuge in the Sonora Desert of Arizona. If it all goes sideways one day... when the yahoo's 'head for the hills'... I'm already there. This is 'Open Range' country... 'doesn't get much more rural than that.

(Note to such predisposed yahoo's... in such an event, the hill people will just kill you and take your stuff. 'Better have a back-up plan.)

I carry my sidearm (or anything) any which way I want on any given day. No 'permit' required. It doesn't get any better than that. That's 'freedom'. I'll never go back to MD (or the east) again.

Dreamer

187 in the mutha-fing house...

187 is the police code for murder, and is used by many rappers in their lyrics.

Today, the grand city of Bulletmore, Murderland broke the "187" mark, with 188 conformed homicides.

http://baltimorecrime.blogspot.com/

How's that "gun control" thing working out for ya, Mayor Rawlings-Blake and Commish Bealefeld?

spot77

I find the 2010 number of murders to be ironic: 223.

Looks like the number might actually be down again this year. 2009 saw 238 murders.

2008 was a record low year for murders in Baltimore. Coincidentally, gun ownership has been on the rise in Maryland for the past 4 or 5 years.

Oh...as of this post, the number is now 188. Anybody want to start a pool on what the final number will be?