• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Friendly Extended stay hotels

KyleKatern

Do they exist?
I just got reamed out by the 'night customer service rep' at this extended stay because I walked from the door of my room to the door of my truck, 5 feet away in order to grab some work related paperwork. My crimes? not kicking on shoes or putting my work shirt back on when I ran back outside to grab the forgotten paperwork. I was then warned by him that 'policy says no guns' since apparently the housekeeper was unhappy at my wife open carying around the hotel room. This policy is not listed on the booking page for said hotel, nor in the office, nor are there anti gun signs posted on the property. All this info was apparently contained in the back of the 'welcome to your new room' pamphlet that was on the table of the room we rented for a week.

rdinatal

Depends on the hotel. At the HI in Sanford, NC no post and i walked in each week for over one year OC'ing. No objections, recommend then 100%.

All others I have never seen a no firearms posting. If I did I would not stay there more than once. I've been staying at a lot of places for work and not seen any postings. I will not look further than the door. Not at any rules or web site info.

-R

Carry24/7

Do they exist?
I just got reamed out by the 'night customer service rep' at this extended stay because I walked from the door of my room to the door of my truck, 5 feet away in order to grab some work related paperwork. My crimes? not kicking on shoes or putting my work shirt back on when I ran back outside to grab the forgotten paperwork. I was then warned by him that 'policy says no guns' since apparently the housekeeper was unhappy at my wife open carying around the hotel room. This policy is not listed on the booking page for said hotel, nor in the office, nor are there anti gun signs posted on the property. All this info was apparently contained in the back of the 'welcome to your new room' pamphlet that was on the table of the room we rented for a week.

I would go and have a talk with the manager in the morning. Even if you are in the wrong I don't think the manager would be happy that a rep is reaming out guests. I've stayed at a lot of places around Raleigh for work but I carry for my job so they never said a thing to me really. The Sleep Inn in Durham was always great to me. Lived there for like two months. The manager there said she loved having me there. It was free security. LOL

EricDailey X-NRA

Bait and Switch

I'd like to call these folks to ask them if they know how to give proper notice to customers that they accept money from. If they have weapons or other rules they should tell you about them before they take your money. Do you feel like posting their name?

Don't forget if you can, you should post them at "friend or foe"

http://www.friendorfoe.us/Default.aspx