• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

which one of you got interviewed on Fox11 news today ? You did a good job !!

Wolf1477

I think the NFL and the stadium officials have better things to worry about...like making sure we actually *have* a season this year.

Altho, I can see what's going thru the anti's heads:
<announcer>2 seconds left on the clock and the Vikings are down by 4
<Insert Viqueens QB flavor of the game> launches the ball towards the end zone!
And Wait! What's this?
Someone in the stands just shot the ball! AND THERE'S THE DAGGER!
Packers WIN!

B@stards! I need my football in the winter.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

If anyone does CC in any NFL Stadium, whether legal or not, needs to remain stone sober. This is one environment that I would be THEE most hestiant to draw if I felt I needed to.

I OC everywhere I can legal, except church and around drunk people.

Just imagine I am at Lambeau, some drunk Bears fan want to start **** with me. I am CC and I dont' see this man as a deadly threat but **** happens and we roll......

Whatever scenario I think, of Stadiums can be a nightmare for EMS Units.

Wolf1477

If anyone does CC in any NFL Stadium, whether legal or not, needs to remain stone sober. This is one environment that I would be THEE most hestiant to draw if I felt I needed to.

I OC everywhere I can legal, except church and around drunk people.

Just imagine I am at Lambeau, some drunk Bears fan want to start **** with me. I am CC and I dont' see this man as a deadly threat but **** happens and we roll......

Whatever scenario I think, of Stadiums can be a nightmare for EMS Units.

Yep, sports get people riled in ways other things never would. Wasn't it last year in MN where one fan stabbed another in the stomach over the game. I'm going off of hazy memory here so I could very well have things twisted. It doesn't seem to be uncommon to hear about people being beaten, stabbed, shot over a sports game...which would actually reinforce my need to carry if I ever went to a stadium game.

I, personally, avoid large crowds like the plague. With my health issues it won't take much to make me go blind, so I avoid high tension/populated activities to try to decrease the risk of running into some freakazoid who decides he/she/it needs to do something stupid.

Big Dipper

You probably would have been in much greater danger after jeering at Forrest Gregg's goon squad that with a whole flock of drunken Bears fans. ;-)

hermannr

In WA, it is tied to the DWI law. Whatever is considered too drunk to drive, is too much to carry. I have a pint with dinner when I go out to eat...not a problem, either driving or carrying.

I think that is reasonable. Alcohol is not a demon, however over-indulgence is dangerous.

Zeus

If you can't watch the game without drinking then It's a no brainer, don't carry. I have nothing against drinking a beer or three if you want, I have had my share. I also know that it's a prime target for a Mubai style attack and at $8 a beer or whatever it is, I'll probably pass on the watered down Miller Lite and carry. I don't get angry about games anymore to the point of it being a problem. Cheer for your team and praise them when they do well and win. If they play like crap and lose, I think dead silence says more than booing. JMHO

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I spent the $ 850.00 on a 46" HD flat screen last year so I won't have to go to the games anymore :) & pay the inflated the prices for tickets....but I still attempt to get to a pre seaon game.... I don't drink beer at Packer games, FLAT & not very cold...But I do wish they would switch Soda vendors for Pepsi products I LOVE MY MOUNTAIN DEW.

Last edited:

grinner

Isn't it funny how they say "the NFL doesn't allow any guns inside any NFL stadium". Really? How many gangsta NFL players carry a gun? I'd guess many.

And in order to disallow guns, one would need to put up a metal detecting security checkpoint. Otherwise, you're just asking people not to carry guns. You're not preventing or disallowing it from happening.

But, we all know this...

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
i think it's funny, that the NFL thinks it's rules thump state law :) what if the new soon to be state law.. say's Lambeau field CAN'T POST NO GUNS ALLOWED signs...whats the NFL going to do about it ?????? what say NO games can happen at Lambeau until they post ????? F the NFL