• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB93 to be signed 7/8

phred

Nothing, but is public was welcome at the ceremony itself they could come in and disrupt.

I guess that's a good way to say it. When Walker signed a Bear Hunting bill a couple of weeks ago, I was in Gander Mt. (Wausau) and he was surrounded by state troopers as they whisked him into the meeting room, where about a couple dozen people were seated. State troopers guarded the closed doors. I walked by and said "howdy" and few other nice words to one trooper, and then paid for my merchandise. When i got outside, there were a few more squad cars with local officers in them. When I drove out the parking lot, I saw a few dozen protestors with signs. So, that is why these events are on private property and are closed to the general public. I suspected SB93 would be signed in Galloway's district, but I didn't think it would be only a few hundred yds to the north of Gander Mt. Cedar Creek is getting to be a busy place.

And if you're wondering, I did have my nice 1911 on me at the time. No cause for concern.