Thread: GRPD: More guns found on city streets

GRPD: More guns found on city streets

A news clip from Wood TV 8, a typical media hack job. They're essentially claiming all people with guns are a problem and urging people to call the police after this 'Man with a gun' call results in confiscations.

"Part of the reason they have been able to get more of those guns off the streets is because people have been calling in to them and letting them know when they see someone who might have a gun. Another thing to note is now on Silent Observer, there is a special $250 reward if callers call in saying that someone has a gun if it leads to an arrest of someone with an illegal gun that person could get as much as $250.... and as always, police say if you do see someone with a gun or see someone who MIGHT have a gun to give either them a call or to call Silent Observer so they can get as many guns off the streets as possible."

I can see that going over like a pregnant pole vaulter. Incentivizing paranoia. fantastic.

It sounds like Dani Carlson needs to put some correct information out there: dani.carlson@woodtv.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BP05KTfzzI

Nice isn't it! Keep those recorders running!!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Banned
    I wish that each gun maker would offer at least one 100$ model so that there were more guns on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    I wish that each gun maker would offer at least one 100$ model so that there were more guns on the streets.
    I would buy some of those and donate them to them to all of my law abiding friends, legally of course.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Who the hell are the lawyers out there in GR?? How can they let a program promoting illegal search and seizures be advertised and implemented??

We might have to have a "walk the city" event to show just how stupid, ineffective and illegal this program is.
    Last edited by scot623; 07-02-2011 at 10:35 AM.

im open for a show of force walk
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
    --George Washington

first rule of open carry, know your laws. second rule of open carry, never ask permission. third rule of open carry, rule number one supersedes rule number two

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

i posted this on my facebook page back in May

I recently saw this picture (click link below) on someones facebook profile and it got me thinking.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._3813178_n.jpg
    How can the average person on the street identify an illegal gun? So like a good little citizen I made an anonymous tip to crime stoppers telling them that I see a lot of guns every day. I asked them if they gave a reward for all guns or just illegal ones. Here is our conversation. I am looking for good ideas for follow up questions or comments.
    them:
    "Rewards are given for illegal guns not legal ones."
    me:
    "How do i figure out which ones are legal? Do I just go up and ask the people? Do I call your tip line every time I see one? Without access to gun serial numbers and registration database, how do I know which ones are illegal?"
    them:
    "Thank you for inquiring about this program but I have no way of letting you know if a weapon is legal or illegal. Please do not walk up to someone and ask if their weapon is legal. If you believe that a weapon is illegal please call in a tip and we can send it out for investigation."
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Banned
    ROFL

props G.