Thread: need help posting

need help posting

I have a summary with footnotes, but when I try to post none of the notes copy.

It is in Word. If I email it to someone, can you post it with all the references attached?

ks

not sure if i understand your request. You need help learning how to post or you need someone else to post for you?

you can PM me the details.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Open the file in MS Word.

Open Notepad. (Comes with windows, under accessories)

Copy and paste from MS Word to Notepad.

Then, copy from Notepad to the forum.

MS Word and the "helper" copy paste tool in Windows will "try to help" by pasting completely messed up code into the forum, which will make your post choke.

You will lose a lot of formatting, but if it's critical for the post, re-format it once you get it in the forum editor.
    "I can only be held responsible for my own stupidity." - Captain Nemo

I'm using Mac.

I've got a lot of helpful info here in a good format. Just not willing to go thru a lot of hassle to get it posted.

If someone can take an email fro me and do your magic to post it with all the footnotes, etc, I'll ship it to you.

Thanks,

ks

The footnotes etc likely won't post in the correct format because it's a completely different format. The file would likely need to be just linked so people can just download it and view it with the proper document viewer. What type of file is it? PM me with your email and I will send you mine. Then we can go from there. Otherwise you can upload it to like Box.net or Toofiles.com. Both are free and work fine for small files, then just post the link to the file. If you do post a link or something I would suggest starting a new thread about the topic with a descriptive subject name, then post the info.

My other comment was going to be, what if the user doesn't use Word or Windows. There are lot's of other options for Documents and Operating systems. But that was cleared up already.
    Last edited by Motofixxer; 06-30-2011 at 03:33 PM.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info