• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

need help posting

ksks

I have a summary with footnotes, but when I try to post none of the notes copy.

It is in Word. If I email it to someone, can you post it with all the references attached?

ks

RR_Broccoli

Open the file in MS Word.

Open Notepad. (Comes with windows, under accessories)

Copy and paste from MS Word to Notepad.

Then, copy from Notepad to the forum.

MS Word and the "helper" copy paste tool in Windows will "try to help" by pasting completely messed up code into the forum, which will make your post choke.

You will lose a lot of formatting, but if it's critical for the post, re-format it once you get it in the forum editor.

ksks

I'm using Mac.

I've got a lot of helpful info here in a good format. Just not willing to go thru a lot of hassle to get it posted.

If someone can take an email fro me and do your magic to post it with all the footnotes, etc, I'll ship it to you.

Thanks,

ks

Motofixxer

The footnotes etc likely won't post in the correct format because it's a completely different format. The file would likely need to be just linked so people can just download it and view it with the proper document viewer. What type of file is it? PM me with your email and I will send you mine. Then we can go from there. Otherwise you can upload it to like Box.net or Toofiles.com. Both are free and work fine for small files, then just post the link to the file. If you do post a link or something I would suggest starting a new thread about the topic with a descriptive subject name, then post the info.

My other comment was going to be, what if the user doesn't use Word or Windows. There are lot's of other options for Documents and Operating systems. But that was cleared up already.

Last edited: